Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Transfer old, saved emails from one computer to another(Outlook Express) (RESOLVED)

This is a discussion on Transfer old, saved emails from one computer to another(Outlook Express) (RESOLVED) within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm trying to help my Mom transfer 7 years worth of emails saved on her old Desktop computer, to her

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm trying to help my Mom transfer 7 years worth of emails saved on her old Desktop computer, to her new Laptop. She plans on getting rid of her old Desktop computer.

On both computers, she uses Outlook Express for her email. I'm not familiar with Outlook Express myself. The computers are now networked, and the Outlook Express files on her old Computer have been copied into a shared folder. How do I merge these files with the Outlook Express files on her laptop, so that these 7 years worth of emails are on available to Outlook Express on her laptop?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Hi and Welcome to TSF

These links should set you on your way
http://ask-leo.com/can_i_import_outl...k_express.html
http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/....htm#importOE5

Or you can try the Backup Wizard
You can transfer your email messages manually, using the Import / Export commands of Outlook Express, but transferring other settings such as accounts, rules, signatures, and identities is a very complicated process that requires advanced technical skills. Outlook Express Backup Wizard makes it very simple to transfer your data by following these easy steps:

1. Backup your Outlook Express with Outlook Express Backup Wizard.
2. Copy the resulting backup file to the target computer via LAN, CDR, or removable drive.
3. Restore the backup file to Outlook Express on the second computer. To do this, run the wizard, choose the Restore option, and select your backup file.

http://www.outlook-express-backup.co...ess-faq.html#3

Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply. That first link did the trick. Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Your very Welcome