Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

toshiba portege M200]M205

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
My husband brought home a Toshiba Portege M200/M205 from a foreclosure cleanout that he was doing that apparently crashed. Black screen that says "safe mode", "start normally", etc. I restarted it in Safe Mode. It starts to run a scan saying components regarding sysem 32 and then gets to a screen that says "PXE-E61 media test failure, check cable; PXE-MOF: Exiting intel boot agent. Insert system disk in drive...press any key" I don't have a system disk. Can I do anything with this tablet or should I just trash it?

#2 ·
PXE-E61 media test failure
This means that the the Boot File on the HDD is corrupted or the HDD has failed and the boot sequence has by passed the HDD and is going to the next device in the Boot Sequence which is a Network Boot which fails.
Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.