Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

The Local User Database Handle is Corrupt

This is a discussion on The Local User Database Handle is Corrupt within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Everytime I try to create an incoming VPN connection I get the error message "The Local User Database Handle is

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

Everytime I try to create an incoming VPN connection I get the error message
"The Local User Database Handle is Corrupt" and cannot add any "allowed"
users to the user list. Please advise how to get around this error.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #2

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely/browse_thread/thread/a396f55f36c19fd2/3cf132c0e580d42d%233cf132c0e580d42d

Please define "everything". We get Users of varying ability here.

Updates ? SP2 ? AV Updates ?

One Googled thread suggests simply "Refreshing" the page. Please post back if this works or not.

Girder

Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

I am not sure what you mean by "Everything".
I am running XP Prof. with SP2 and all updates (with the exception of IE7 which I removed) installed. I have ran "SFC /scannow" however that did not correct the issue. I have also ran Spybot, Ad-Aware, Windows Defender, and Norton Corporate edition and not found any issues.
I have also posted the issue on other support sites without finding an answer.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #4

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by "Everything".
Sorry I confused your post with another where the OP said he had "everything updated".

Does refreshing the page work ?

I did some Googling and this error seems quite rare, which is a bad thing.

However, I'd be inclined to blame Norton just because the invisible man on my left shoulder (who is always with me when contemplating other people's computer problems) is telling me to blame Norton.

He's frequently right; it's so spooky . . .

You might try Selective Start-up and see if the error stops happening when "X" isn't running.

Other than that, the only ideas I have is that this sounds more like a networking problem than an XP problem, and you might get better help in the Networking sub-forum. PM johnwill, he knows everything.