Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

tab bar at the top just disappeared.

This is a discussion on tab bar at the top just disappeared. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I need a little help trying to figure why my tab bar at the top just disappeared. My comuter

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
I need a little help trying to figure why my tab bar at the top just disappeared. My comuter is running fine but I have to open a new window everytime I want to surf. I am running windows xp, a box popped up on the screen telling me to download updates, i did and my toolbar went wild when i restarted. Everything appears normal, just out of order and my tab bar is gone. I used to be able to open 4 to 6 windows at a time by clicking another tab. This is driving me crazy!!!! I am sure this is an easy fix but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

I am guessing that you are talking about IE 7 with this one. Putting in the browser is helpful, just a hint. To add a toolbar or in this case the tab bar. go up to the top by any of the toolbars and right click. Then there should be an option to add a toolbar, see if there is one there that is for tabs. If there is then click on it and you should be all set.

Cheers!

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
Registered Member

WMorri,
Thanks for attempting to help. It is IE 7, sorry forgot to mention that. I already tried that but their was not an option to add a tab bar. My options were Links which was unchecked, all the following bars were checked and functioning properly. Google bar, yahoo bar,status bar, and lock the toolbars. I went to customize command bar and no help... I also tried clicking on tools,then internet options, I clicked on the tab bar option and nothing changed!! I have been working on this for months trying to figure it out myself. I am in need of any ideas, Thanks in advance.