Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

system idle process and others

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Herk 
#1 ·
My computer is so slow and i've noticed so many processes running in the background. System idle process seems to be a big one- do I need this? If not, how do I get rid of this. And what about all the others? I've googled them all and while most say they aren't spyware etc I'm not sure what to do with them nor what happens if I eliminate them. Can anyone help?

I'm running Windows XP on my HP laptop, have ad-aware, spy blaster, spybot, CW shredder so I think I'm pretty clean re: viruses etc. But this slow loading of webpages and other programs is becoming really annoying.

thanks

#3 ·
I take it you are reading this from task manager. Syste idle is, as name implies, % of CPU that is idle and is nothing to worry about. Note that this will decrease when other programs are run. A few basics to start with, click start>all programs> accessories>system tools and run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.
Next, run an online virus scan at TrendMicro or RAV Antivirus.
Please select the autoclean option when using Trend Micro.

Then get HijackThis . This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Run the scan, save the log, but do not fix anything yet. Many files it finds are harmless, and required for your system to operate.

Post your log in a new thread in the HijackThis Log Help forum. This our dedicated spyware/virus forum. One of the expert analysts there will look over your log and assist you. Please include a brief description of the problem you are having and what you have done to fix it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.