Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

stuck cursor

This is a discussion on stuck cursor within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dell Lattitude, XP professional, w/touchpad. At normal and Safe Mode with Networking startup cursor stuck in center of screen and

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Dell Lattitude, XP professional, w/touchpad. At normal and Safe Mode with Networking startup cursor stuck in center of screen and won't move.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Try re-installing the driver for the touchpad which you can download from the Dell support website: Welcome to Home User Support

The default country is UK so if you require a different country you can use the country selector at top left (drop-down list).

You can temporarily plug in a USB mouse to download and install driver.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip22 View Post
Try re-installing the driver for the touchpad which you can download from the Dell support website: Welcome to Home User Support

The default country is UK so if you require a different country you can use the country selector at top left (drop-down list).

You can temporarily plug in a USB mouse to download and install driver.
If that works, please mark your thread as solved.

If not, please post back results.

Cheers!

Looking for support with something else?
Microsoft ¦ Security ¦ Hardware ¦ Networking

Got an SSD?
Disable Defrag, SuperFetch and Prefetch!

*I do not always subscribe to threads*
If you're awaiting a reply after 24 hours, please PM me
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Computer won't boot, stuck on black screen w/blinking cursor
I left my desktop on while I was at class last week and when I got back my computer had rebooted itself, and it was stuck on the black screen with the blinking cursor. This happens every time I try to boot it up. I can get to BIOS, and I tried messing with the settings but nothing worked. It...
DLA335 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 10-26-2013 12:29 AM
My laptop is stuck on system restore/shutting down properly.
Hi. I have an Acer Aspire 6930g. I had noticed for a while my computer had not been shutting down by itself, unless I forced it to shut off via holding the power button down for 5 seconds. I had also noticed my computer's wireless card would stop working temporarily, but just restarted it when...
Nanaki13 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 5 05-31-2011 01:49 PM
HELP-Computer stuck on black screen with blinking white cursor
One day i switched off my computer as normal and the next time i switched it back on, i experienced this problem. I havnt made any changes to my system recently-software, hardware or otherwise. I would say my computing skills are at an intermediate level, but im really stuck with this problem. ...
thisisoracle Motherboards, Bios & CPU 13 03-08-2011 10:15 AM
Cursor stuck/touchpad not working, cursor kind of technicolour?
Hi, I have Toshiba Satellite Pro L45 with Windows Vista 32. It was incredibly slow earlier today, perhaps due to a lot of Windows Update and my having too many tabs open. It froze, and the cursor went stuck. I expected it to come back within minutes, but it didn't. Ended up using the keyboard...
tavi Laptop Support 10 02-25-2011 09:56 AM
mouse cursor stuck please help
while playing a game on mt computer (running windows7) the cursor froze exactly in the middle of my screen. its not the mouse because it can still click and the lights are working and i have tried 2 other mouses (mice) can someone please offer some advice please Nathan schlen
Nathy12321 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 5 02-05-2011 04:04 PM