Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Streaming from netflix audio and vidio out of synk.

This is a discussion on Streaming from netflix audio and vidio out of synk. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I am streaming vidieos form netflix my audio get ahead of my video. Is there a post about this

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

When I am streaming vidieos form netflix my audio get ahead of my video. Is there a post about this or can someone help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
a bit alien

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

sometimes it is a netflix issue. have you checked with them? I have had several movies lately that did the same that I reported and they fixed.

Give the name of the movie and I will check and see if I have the same issue. also are you streaming on your computer or another device?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Right click My Computer/Properties In System Properties, What is your Service Pack (SP) processor speed, amount of RAM (memory)? Open My Computer and right click the C: drive/Properties what is free Hard Drive space? Also, check your internet connection speed at speedtest.net
Old 11-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeit View Post
sometimes it is a netflix issue. have you checked with them? I have had several movies lately that did the same that I reported and they fixed.

Give the name of the movie and I will check and see if I have the same issue. also are you streaming on your computer or another device?
It seems to be with all the movies. Occasionally one is good but more not then do.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

It seems to be with most movies. The one now is Nikita. TV series.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Right click My Computer/Properties In System Properties, What is your Service Pack (SP) processor speed, amount of RAM (memory)? Open My Computer and right click the C: drive/Properties what is free Hard Drive space? Also, check your internet connection speed at speedtest.net
Service pack 3 1.1 ghz. 504 ram. Little low on drive space. I clean it up several times a day with error repair.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

When you don't have a lot of RAM (512 MB with 8 MB shared for your video in your case) You need to have a larger Page File (Virtual Memory) You need a minimum15-20% of your HDD free for Virtual Memory for windows to work correctly and more if you are streaming video. Download CCleaner, Analyze your drive and Run Cleaner to safely remove temp files. Then go to Start/Run and type dfrg.msc and press enter. and press Defrag Now. Run the crucial system scanner to see what kind of RAM you have and your upgrade options. Consider a larger HDD,
Old 11-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
a bit alien

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

I agree with the previous post since you gave more info. try doing a disk cleanup using ccleaner as suggested. go into control panel - programs and remove any programs you never use.