Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

STOP: c0000221 unknown Hard error\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

This is a discussion on STOP: c0000221 unknown Hard error\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was given 5 laptops that came from a sale of equipment from a school, all had passwords to get

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

I was given 5 laptops that came from a sale of equipment from a school, all had passwords to get into, but they wern't provided. So I did a re-install, and I get this error code. I've used 3 diferent setup disc's, and always get this, how do I fix this?

Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Here's a Microsoft tech article on the stop error. You might also want to try running Chkdsk /r on the drive or go to the hard drive manufacturer's website and download one of their diagnostic utilities and run it.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

What brand are the laptops? Some brand names will not like an install of windows that does not match the image that they created on the recovery partition or disk. I have seen this issue with Dell, Acer and Toshibas. I have not, however, seen this issue with HP/Compaq. You may need to have the recovery media from the manufactuer to actually pull off the reinstall. Just a thought!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi see this please How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unexpected Slowness, Please Help
Hello guys, I'm new here, And the problem is that my laptop is running slower, booting slower, and internet activity is really slow. My ping from pingtest.net is really high as well and i heard that may be from viruses,trojans, malware, or anything else like that. specs: Windows 7 64-bit 4GB...
ShadowBorn Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 03-28-2011 08:31 AM
Browser Hijacked HELP!
HELP, Anyone could help me i accidently clicked somewhere and now my browser keeps redirecting. I cleaned my hosts file and did 3 spybot scan, deleted some weird .exe file in my temp folder, here is HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan saved at 16:59:08, on 2011-03-21...
mathix Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-21-2011 03:26 PM
BSOD on my home Win7 HTPC [moved from V/7]
I have an HTPC that I built dedicated to running Windows Media Center. Media Center and supporting apps are all that it does and I do not install software on there beyond my based Media Center applications. Recently I have started to get a BSOD with different messages. One time it says...
AndresE BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 27 02-15-2011 09:11 PM
Unknown account (S-1-5-21-1547161642-838170752-7253) Appears in windows 7?
Hello guys, let me explain my problem; Well while my AVG was scanning my computer i found some tracking cookies, and i know that they are not a big deal Anyway so i was bored so i checked out the file location (could not find it) possibly because my AVG may had already deleted it?. ...
A1tecice Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 01-26-2011 09:22 AM
[SOLVED] CPU always working at 13/16%.
Hi. My cpu is always at 13/16%. I have checked for viruses malware with kaspersky and windows defender but dont found nothing. I also checked with HJT but dont found nothing bad there. What can be this? I am still very noob tech. Here is my HJT log.
wolfvt13 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 01-01-2011 08:44 PM