Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Startup Programs

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chauffeur2 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a list of what programs I can delete from startup?

#3 ·
Hello Ernonzo, Welcome to TSF! :4-wave:

This is a very ambiguous question that you ask.
The list of start up programs varies from computer to computer.
It is usually up to personal choice as to what programs the user wants to start when Windows® starts.
That said, if you could list the programs that are currently starting when Windows® starts on your computer we will be able to advise you of the unnecessary ones.

Kind Regards,

#5 ·
PartSeal
dumprep 0 -u
CLIstart
SOUNDMAN
osCheck
igfxtray
hkcmd
ccApp
atiptaxx
ALCWZRD
ALCMTR
AGRSMMSG
m3SrchMn
SpySweeperUI
ctfmon
aim6
Hi Ernonzo,
I have had a look at the Start up list, and there are a few nasty entries listed in there (Spyware and a Virus/Worm).

With that said, rather than going through the list I think that you would be better off reading this article…"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good Luck with it.

Kind Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.