Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Sony vaio laptop XP Pro - Password protected issues

This is a discussion on Sony vaio laptop XP Pro - Password protected issues within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have recently purchased a laptop on ebay, however i have found out that it is password protected on user

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Pin

I have recently purchased a laptop on ebay, however i have found out that it is password protected on user accounts, I can login under a limited account, but not as an administratior, and due to this i cannot install and hardware/software, nor can i set up an internet connection, or change settings e.t.c, I have contacted the person who i brought the laptop off and they do not know the password. Can anyone give me some advice as to how i can remove the password, or find out what it is with some crack software? All thoughts appreciated. FYI: i do not have internet connection on the laptop, but can access internet on home computer so i am able to download software onto CD if that helps.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Sorry ... we cannot help bypassing security (we have no clue if this is a legit request or not).

However ... A wipe/reinstall of the OS would be best.