Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] WINDOWS XP PRO 64 BIT INSTALLATION

7K views 37 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi!
I am running win 7 64 bit and i don't like it!
I need help to install win xp pro 64 bit on a hp workstation xw8600 64 bit.
I used to have bios v1.31. and i downloaded and installed bios v1.46 (09/20/2012) from hp site.
I tried to install a win xp 64 on a formatted hd. but i get the blue screen.
I loaded win vista business and installed the xp x64.
It loads all the win files and then it needs to reboot to install the copied files.
When it turns on, i have a choice to boot to win vista or to finish the installation of win xp x64.
When it start installing, i get the same error and the blue screen
any help?
Thank you.
Hector

#4 · (Edited)
Re: WINDOWS XP PRO 64 BIT INSTALLATION

ALSO: CHEK FOR VIRUSES
REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARD DRIVE OR HARD DISK CONTROLLERS.
CHECK YOUR HD. TO MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINATED.
RUN CHCDSK TO CHECK FOR HD. CORRUPTION AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.
THE HARD DRIVE IS FINE.
AFTER THAT, I INSTALLED WIN VISTA BUSINESS 64 BIT AND WIN 7 PRO 64 BIT.
THERE IS NOTHIG WRONG WITH THE HARD DRIVE.
THANK YOU.
HECTOR.

#5 · (Edited)

I TOOK MY COMPUTER TO A COMPUTER REPAIR SHOP AND THE COULD NOT INSTALL THE O/S.
THEY TRY TO INSTALL IT IN 3 COMPUTERS ALL 64 BIT AND THEY COULD NOT DO IT.
MY COMPUTER HAVE THE LATEST BIOS FROM HP.
IT HAVE V1.46 (09/20/2012)

ALSO, I BOUGH THE WIN PRO X64 IN EBAY.
THE GUY ALREADY SOLD OVER 100 CDS.

I RETURNED THE CD AND HE REFUNDED MY MONEY.
I AM BIDDING ON ANOTHER WIN PRO X64.

ANY OTHER HINTS?

THANK YOU.
HECTOR.

#7 ·

I AM USING UPPER CASE LETTERS BECAUSE IT IS EASY FOR ME TO SEE, NOTHING ELSE.
AND SURE, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THE NEW DISK INSTALLS.
I AM BIDDING ON ONE AND I AM TRYING TO BUY ANOTHER WITHOUT BIDDING.

DO YOU KNOW IF HP WORKSTATION XW4300 IS A 64 BID COMPUTER?
I AM RUNNING WIN XP PRO 32 BIT ON IT.
THANK YOU.
HECTOR.

#8 ·

Upper case letters make it look like your shouting. If you need bigger letters change the font in your Browser settings.
You are in luck, This HP workstation supports XP 64Bit: Drivers, Software & Firmware for HP xw4300 Workstation - HP Support Center
If you have problems installing, boot into Setup (Bios) change the HDD mode from AHCI to IDE or Compatibility mode. Or you may need to download the SATA driver form the above link.

#11 ·

Windows XP does not have native support for SATA HDD's, as later versions of Windows do, since SATA drives were not in use that much back then. You either have to insert a Floppy disk with the SATA drivers on it during XP Setup (press F6), slipstream the SATA driver from HP into your XP disc or you have to change the HDD mode to IDE.

#14 ·

hectorportalupp said:
spunk.funk, SHOULD A CD WITH A WIN XP X64 BOOT BY ITSELF.I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE LATEST BIOS FOR MY MACHINE FROM HP. I HAVE NOW V1.46 FROM 2012. THANK YOU. HECTOR.
You may need to boot into Setup (Bios) go to Boot Priority and using your arrow key move CD/DVD rom drive to First Boot Device. Save and Exit. You may also be able to change the boot order one time by pressing F12 at bootup

#15 ·

hectorportalupp said:
YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT ANY TIME. I AM IN CALIFORNIA AND RETIRED."I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW!" AND DON'T HAVE TO TIP COWS IN WISCONSIN ....WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL THE O/S ON A FORMATTED HDD. I GET THE MESSAGE: MISSING BOOT MANAGER. WHAT DOES IT MEANS? EVERITHYNG SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE WINDOWS CD! DO IAM MISSING SOMETHING? THANKS.
All help must me done in the forum and not through PM, Email etc. So, you can stop PM'ing me now
If you have your CD/DVD rom drive set to First Boot Device and you have a bootable Windows CD/DVD in the drive, when you restart your computer with the disc in it, it will give you the message Press Any Key To Boot From CD/DVD. If you don't see this message, then either you have more then one CD/DVD player, so try the other one. the CD/DVD is Not set as First boot device, the Disc is not bootable, or the CD/DVD drive is not reading the disc. Boot another computer with the same disc to test it, or try a different CD/DVD drive.

#17 ·

TO SPUNK.FUNK! YES, I GET THAT MESSAGE! HECTOR.

TO FJANDR: I DON'T UNDERSTAND "LSI 1068E CHIPSET ON BOARD"
WHE IT BOOT AND I HIT THE "F6" KEY, IT SHOWS THE LSI DRIVER FOR THE SAS HDD. DON'T FORGET, I CAN LOAD WIN VISTA BUSINESS 64 BIT OR WIN 7 64 BIT WITH NO PROBLEM.
IT IS WIN XP PRO X64 THAT I HAVE PROBLEM WITH.
THANK YOU.
HECTOR.

#18 ·

Windows XP does not have native support for SATA HDD's, as later versions of Windows do
Again, Windows Vista, 7 and 8 have SATA drivers in the OS disc, XP does not. They have to be loaded during XP Setup, unless you have a Slipstreamed CD with your SATA drivers inserted. You can avoid this by changing the HDD mode to IDE.

If you are getting the message Press Any Key... and you are pressing a key but the CD does not start, then your computer is no reading your USB Keyboard.
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. Look for Legacy USB or USB Keyboard, if it is disabled, using your arrow key, Enable it. Save and Exit. Now your keyboard will work outside of Windows.

#20 ·

The Windows 7 disc has LSI SATA drivers inserted into the disc, Windows XP Disc does not have these files on it's disc, you can slipstream them yourself if you want or you can change the HDD mode to IDE. Get it!
What other tips do you need?

#21 · (Edited)

hi spunk.funk!
at this moment, my computer is operating with:
1) 147.3 gb sas hdd, c drive with win 7 64 bit
2) 1 terrabites sata hdd. as f drive.
3) 1 terrabites sata hdd. as g drive, and
4) 450 gb sas hdd. with win 7 pro 64 bit, not connected, but in the computer.
in this 450 gb hdd is where i want to install win xp pro x64, using it as c drive and disconnecting all the other hdds.
the computer is fine, i just don't like windows 7, i want to go back to windows xp.
also, 1 week ago, i installed windows vista business in this same 450 gb hdd then reformatted this same hdd. and installed windows 7.
the 450 gb hdd remains disconnected until i figure out how to install win xp in it.
thank you.
hector.

#24 ·
#27 · (Edited)

hi spunk.funk!
i restarted the computer,
hit f10 key
i got this:
storage
devise configuration
under default values which is a box
is this: IDE/SATA.
it seems that it is configured for ide/sata already.
do this looks correct to you?
thank you.
hector.

ps. i downloaded the driver for storage from the hp website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.