Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

[SOLVED] sound lost after virus removal

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] sound lost after virus removal within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi and thanks for any help i receive. i received help from jimi in the virus /trojan/spyware help removal forum,

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi and thanks for any help i receive. i received help from jimi in the virus /trojan/spyware help removal forum, and he referred me to this forum. he helped me remove virus and malware from my pc, but during this process the sound function was lost on my pc. when i go to the control panel i get the message no device in sound. my post was virus removal help by stroh. thanks stroh

Old 03-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

What is your make and model # of your computer? Your profile says XP Home but it does not list any Service Packs? You should have Service Pack 3.
Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager is there a yellow mark under Sound and Audio Devices? If you have a name brand PC (HP, Dell etc) you can go to the manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site and type in your Service tag# or your Make, Model# and download the audio driver for your particular computer.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

hi spunk-funk, thanks for the help. i have already tried a search on google for no sound and that was one of the answers. i have an older dell dimension 5150. i went to the dell site and put in the tag#, but i guess it is too old as they had no downloads for that pc. thanks stroh
under system info; my pc is running windows xp home edition
5.1.2600 service pack 3 build 2600
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Here is your sigmatel audio driver Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

sound is back. thanks alot spunk.funk. you guys on this forum are great. thanks again. stroh
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Please mark the thread as solved by using the thread tools above.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You are welcome!

Closed Thread