Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Song Fading In Windows Media Player

16K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  Jaymie1989 
#1 ·
Hey,

Does Any One Know How To Fade The Song From The End Of One Track To The Next One? For When I Write Them To CD?

Thanks In Advanced

Jay.

#2 ·
Re: Song Fading In Windows Media Player

Hi Jay

That depends on the burning program used and it would be best to use an Audio Editor for this that can also burn CDs. They will have options for effects and editing such as Fade In and Fade Out, as well as many other. Such as this one: http://www.acoustica.com/mp3-cd-burner/

I've don't use any of the commercial software offerings anymore (though I used Audio Editor Deluxe not long ago for a similar reason), the ones we use are very proprietary and professional and so I can't comment further.

#3 ·

Thanks bud ill try it :grin:

:downloadi

#5 ·

If you have no luck with the program that Kalim directed you to, let us know what Software you normally use for writing Audio CD's. Normally there is a box to check in the configuration menu that allows this to happen. Check compilation preferences too.

#6 ·

lol. How can a virus top your downloads they can either download or not start at all.

I normally use WMP on both XP and Vista, Im trying the Mp3 to Cd burner one now. So far so good.

#9 ·

Done Fishin....Thats what i mean, With downloads you said that a virus is stopping me from downloading, I asked why??? Your download will either download or not.

#10 · (Edited)

Done Fishin....Thats what i mean, With downloads you said that a virus is stopping me from downloading, I asked why??? Your download will either download or not.

Go The Power
is having minor problems recently with his method of expression due to sheer volume of work that he has undertaken in the form of studies to pass his exams (it's that time again) and fulfill his commitment to TSF .. that he will spend most of his waking moments, when not studying, with his nose stuck to his computer screen, answering pleas for help.

What he meant to say, but didn't word it properly, was that he hoped you realised the emoticon you sport in your signature is one of a virus being downloaded .. however he was succumbed at the last moment by an urge to say it backwards .. probably due to a sincere desire to warn you & others in case it was purely accidental or even worse "a real virus" :grin:

Long LIve Go The Power, ... more haste less speed :1angel:

I take the opportunity of making apologies to both of you for this outlandish story .. now!:pray::pray::pray:

btw he never said that the download was being stopped but
do you realize that that picture mean a virus is infecting your downloading? :grin:
and he was smiling because he KNEW it was a joke ..

#11 ·

The image signifies a user downloading but a malicious object stopping your download completion - it can carry a few synonomous meanings, such as why your downloading is slow and appears to have finished but is till going on. We don't know exactly what, the emoticon developer will. :grin:

But Jay, yes malicious objects can interfere your downloading too. Stop, start and end before completion. Security technical knowledge is not an easy topic at all.

#12 ·

Oh ok, Learnt something new today then. Thanks.

Shall we get back to the question in post 1 lol

#14 ·

What have you done so far and what is your answer to my questions in post No.5
Normally there is a box to check in the configuration menu that allows this to happen. Check compilation preferences too
I looked and i couldnt find anything like that on options or anywhere else.

#17 ·

Windows Media Player 11
:grin: sorry I just never figured wmp as a CD writing software .. I was expecting an answer similar to Nero, EasyCD, Roxio, Plextor Tools ...

Did you try the link that Kalim gave you .. what results did you get ..

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow when I 'll reboot in windows .. haven't upgraded yet to WMP11 but have 10 .. I'll see what I can dig up

#19 ·

I did use the link that kalim gave me but i cant but a licence for every computer.

I normally use Windows Media Player 11 to burn music cd's (WMP). I always have done.

#20 ·

I am not sure if this will help you or not ..,

I couldn't find crossfading in WMP10 so I looked at plug-ins .. which took me to a www.wmplugins.com and from there I did a search for crossfade which brought me here

http://www.wmplugins.com/SearchResults.aspx?keyword=crossfade&type=0

opening the link to the main page regarding that plug-in I noted the opening paragraph says ..

Adv. Sound Settings for Win 98SE, Me, and 2000
by Michael W. - micksam7 (find all plug-ins by this vendor)

This utility adjusts a few hidden settings in the 9 Series for Win98, Me, and 2000. Crossfade and Volume Leveling is supported so far. (Note to XP users: You can adjust the settings this utility adjusts through the Enhancements Menu)
Unfortunately I just can't find that menu :grin: using wmp10 & XP

PLUS .. it seems that it's only for compressed audio files and in playback

another link I giot was this
WAV Output plug-in (Disk Writer)
by Ianier Munoz (find all plug-ins by this vendor)

The WAV Output plug-in for Windows Media Player 9 (or later) allows you to save the player's output to the hard disk as a WAV file. This plug-in is similar to the Disk Writer plug-ins already available for Winamp.
You can use this plug-in, for example, to process files using Chronotron and burn the resulting WAV files to a CD using your favorite CD-burning software.
which tends to bring me back to an unspoken thought .. that wmp is not a CD writing software since it requires the use of additional software to do anything useful.

#21 · (Edited)

Source found here

How can I burn a crossfaded CD?

When crossfading is turned on in Windows Media Player, the end of one song gradually overlaps the beginning of the next song. This results in a smooth transition between songs. Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply crossfading to tracks as they are burned in the Player. If you are using Windows Media Player 9 Series, you can install the Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in to add this capability. A version of this plug-in for Windows Media Player 10 is not available yet, so if you are using Windows Media Player 10, you will need to use another CD-burning software program that eliminates the gaps while burning tracks.

If you are using Windows Media Player for Windows XP or later, you can apply crossfading to Windows Media Audio (WMA) and MP3 files that are playing and record the audio output to a single variable-bit-rate WMA file in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. You can then burn the WMA file that contains the crossfaded tracks to an audio CD or a data CD.

To turn on crossfading in the Player, see the question "How do I crossfade between songs?" in the Media Advice archive.

For more information about recording audio in Windows Movie Maker, see the question, "How can I rip the tracks on a CD to one file in the Player?" in the Media Advice archive.
If they haven't gotten around to adding it for WMP10 . they may not have it for 11 either .. I think a search on the MS site might be worthwhile for you .. maybe even ask in one of the forums.

#22 ·

thanks,

Im WMP the enhancements is under view, It does over lap the 2 songs.
If you are using Windows Media Player for Windows XP or later, you can apply crossfading to Windows Media Audio (WMA) and MP3 files that are playing and record the audio output to a single variable-bit-rate WMA file in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. You can then burn the WMA file that contains the crossfaded tracks to an audio CD or a data CD.
I havnt tryed that one yet, But im sure it will work. Im only using XP and Vista so that above applies.

Thanks.

I think that is resolved :grin: Thanks,

Now can someone tell me, with the visulations is there anywhere i can download some for a screensaver? I cant find any anywhere.

#23 ·

Jay, have you thought about using different software to burn with? I'm pretty sure you can fade out tracks with Nero. It's not something I have used as whenever I burn, it's always continuous and using Sound Forge. Though, when I used to make mixes direct to cassette which were 60 mins per side, I then used Sound Forge to fade in the first few bars and fade out the last few.

#24 ·

Im using Acoustica MP3 To CD Burning Program, But why get other software when WMP does it???

As i said in my last post, It works on playback so ill have to try it.

#26 ·

I know

I do use Nero 7 Premium.

#28 ·

Well When I next have to i will use nero and try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.