Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] ScansoftPaperport 11 uninstall HELP please!

8K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim@HiTek 
#1 · (Edited)
This terrible program is interfering with installations, it apparently comes from brother Printers. However, I can not uninstall it without the CD. I get errors during uninstall asking for the CD. I've tried using the Nuance manual uninstall created for SSPP11 and it still asks for a CD. I've also tried 3rd Party force removal programs and still it demands a CD to uninstall. It's driving me nuts... I hope I am in the correct section I didn't see a Software support section. :facepalm:

I've tried 3rd party removal , control panel>add/remove as well as the instructions listed here :Manual uninstall instructions for PaperPort 11

#2 · (Edited)
Re: ScansoftPaperport 11 uninstall HELP please!

I'd first try Revo Uninstaller (free version). That should allow you to pass the CD demand (because it stays active after you're forced to click on 'Cancel' in the Paperport uninstall routine). Then it'll allow you to delete all the Register entries (Advanced mode).

If that didn't do it, I'd do a backup of the drive, find the exe files that run the program and rename the .exe to .bak. If that worked, I'd delete the directory.

#4 ·

OK, well, click Cancel on the Revo program.

Click 'Start', 'Run'. Type 'Regedit'. When that opens, click 'File'. Then 'Export'. Save a copy of your register in a new folder named, 'My Register Backup'.

Then rerun Revo. When you get back to where you are now, click 'Select All', then 'Delete'. Same thing if it takes you to another page.

I've never had Revo incorrectly uninstall a Register entry. But of course, I can't guaranty that it's never happened.

#6 ·

Just leave it there for a few days. To assure yourself that links to programs you want haven't been affected. I don't think you'll have any problems...but...

If you're satisfied with the outcome of this thread, please click 'Thread tools' above, then click 'Solved'. Thanks. And glad I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.