Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] pc shuuting down and reboots over and over please help

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
ok, i get on the internet and sometimes the pc shuts down and reboots over and over. i ran scans no virus. i reinstalled Os, and same problem.
any ideas what it can be? do i need to get new OS,or hard drive? please help

#3 ·
Re: pc shuuting down and reboots over and over please help

More information is required. Does it do this only when you on the Internet???
Give more details to your problem.
yes, it seems to be happening, when on internet only. i ran a blue screen viewer.these are the errors i'm getting.

bad pool caller 0x000000c2
kernel mode exception not handled 0x0000008e
PFN list currupt 0x0000004e

#4 ·

Most likely hardware or driver issue.

Did you reinstall the latest drivers when you reinstalled xp?

Head to your manufacturers website and download all the latest drivers for your machine.

If that fails I'd open up your pc and check the rams okay. If you have two sticks remove one and test. If you have only one try moving it to a different slot.

Also test your ram with the following app.
Memtest86 - Download Page

#5 ·

Are you connecting Wired or Wirelessly? If you have a name brand computer (HP, Dell etc) go to the manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the Network Adapter for your computer.

#6 ·

Are you connecting Wired or Wirelessly? If you have a name brand computer (HP, Dell etc) go to the manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the Network Adapter for your computer.
hi, I,m connected by wired in, my pc is a custom built, also all my drivers and software are all up date.
i'm using the pc right now so i'll see if it does it again.

#7 ·

Open the case and find the motherboard name and model # or download Speccy. Which will tell you the info. Then go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and download the Network/Ethernet Adapter for your motherboard. Drivers are updated every few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.