Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] ONLY one important website runs slow

12K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Audrey Iredale 
#1 ·
Please Help!

The most recent problem I am having is that I can't use the one website that is essential to my work. I am a Realtor and I have to use the MLS system on armls.marketlinx.com. The site runs so slow that it is completely useless, taking like 15 minutes to load and then 10 minutes to switch pages. Everything else works fine and loads at a normal pace, but the ARMLS website takes 10 or 15 minutes to open a screen after the initial logon which proceeds as normal. Most other websites run at a normal speed on this computer. I have put it in the trusted sites zone for my firewall and Internet Explorer and enabled cookies for it, and I have dumped the temporary internet files but it still runs ridiculously slow. If I bring it up on my husbands computer it runs fine. His computer is on the same home network in the same room as mine.

Thanks,
Audrey

#2 ·
Re: ONLY one important website runs slow

Audrey,

I found your post when looking for a solution to a problem one of my clients had. She is a realtor that had the same EXACT symptoms that you do with armls.marketlinx.com. I was dissapointed to see that no one had replied to your post and there were no other posts anywhere on the web about this problem. After hours of experimenting with her system, I finally traced the problem to ZoneAlarm Pro. After uninstalling ZA and then installing other AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, Firewall options, the armls.marketlinx.com web page regained its original speed!

Now I'm not bad mouthing ZoneAlarm, (I use the free version myself on my personal computer), but I could not find any settings or options in this program that would let this web page perform normally. If you have ZoneAlarm installed on your computer, (especially the Pro version), I would suggest uninstalling it and see if you get the same results.

Good Luck!

Jeff Miller
Lightning PC Services

#3 ·
Re: ONLY one important website runs slow

Hi and thanks for answering.
I eventually moved this question to the networking section of this forum because I wasn't getting replies here. I got a solution from kimsland. After running c cleaner and cleaning my registry, along with all the temp files ect. the problem was solved.

Just to answer the question, yes I am running zonealarm pro still, but the c cleaner fixed the issue and I am still using zone alarm pro.:grin:

So thanks again for the answer.

Audrei

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.