Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

[SOLVED] My computer can not be started

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] My computer can not be started within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I tried to start my computer, it had the Window logo appeared and then the sceen gone blank (black).

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

When I tried to start my computer, it had the Window logo appeared and then the sceen gone blank (black). I'd checked my monitor, it works fine.
Any help would be appreciated

Old 03-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Press F8 at bootup, get to the Advanced Boot Menu. Choose Safe Mode, does that work? Do A System Restore. If not,
Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, it works.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You are welcome!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making my own firewall in IE
I am a teacher in a primary school. I would like to be able to set up the computers in the school computer room so that the students can only go TO the 11 websites that I want them to be able to see - not just restrict them FROM 11 websites. Is this possible from within IE or some other...
pengyou Internet Explorer Forum 6 03-16-2012 07:28 PM
by mistake formated as ntfs my external 1tb hard drive by using diskpart command
Hi! i have 1tb external hard disk seagate and sandisk 4gb which is connected to my computer..when i was trying to create booting disk from 4gb sandisk by using diskpart command...i did a mistake by not choosing sandisk instead i had selected 1tb seagate...it's just wiped out everything after i used...
nagendraprasad Hard Drive Support 6 03-11-2012 09:32 AM
slow computer
what can I do to make my computer run faster?
dsfsr3 Windows XP Support 3 03-09-2012 09:36 PM
Connecting to computer?
I have 4 computers connected to eachother via a home network. (One desktop connected via wires, and three laptops connected wirelessly). All three of the laptops can see eachother (two vistas and an XP) and access eachothers shared folders. However, the desktop (also running XP) does not show up...
Matt 20 Networking Support 1 03-09-2012 08:28 AM
Computer running slow
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a bit of support and I'm not technically minded so please be patient. My Laptop is running very slow at the moment and I want to strip it to the basics or at least get it to run faster. I've got a lot of nonsense on it but I don't know what to do. I've saved a bit...
bjmurp Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-09-2012 07:24 AM