Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

[SOLVED] Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] Need help with finding

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] Need help with finding within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So the story goes like this.. 1)I installed a fresh copy of XP on my pc.. 2)Tryed to get the

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to riddler27
Exclamation

So the story goes like this..
1)I installed a fresh copy of XP on my pc..
2)Tryed to get the missing drivers..
And stoped at the sound card driver, after alot of googling I found out that
realtek ac97 should be the one for me but it wasnt, so I continiued on with searching and found another thread about my audio controller (Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97) In it they were saying that SoundMAX should work.. so I tryied didnt work ether.. The problem with ''Realtek ac 97 driv'' was that my pc rebooted at the middle of the installation proccess, and the problem with SoundMAX was that an error ''Driver not found!Reboot your system, and run this setup again.'' poped up.. As I understand from the information I hawe collected one of those should hawe worked!? Mother Board ''Intel Rock Lake D865PERL'' HELP ME, PLEASE :( btw my old copy of win had SoundMAX im almost sure of it!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi riddler27

give this driver a try. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...5PERL&lang=eng

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to riddler27

I guess I can say thank you :), it worked trough but there was a windows logo testing error in the installation process, so I chosed ''continiue anywhay'' so this wont change anything?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

so your sound working now i take it?, your welcome

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Windows Logo test just means that the driver is not signed by Microsoft. Meaning that they did not pay Microsoft to give it their blessing. As long as it works it doesn't really matter. Please mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.

Closed Thread