Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

[SOLVED] Hamachi breaking Internet access

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Hamachi breaking Internet access within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I've installed Hamachi a while ago on my laptop (Dell Vostro 1320) and it seems to have broken my

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I've installed Hamachi a while ago on my laptop (Dell Vostro 1320) and it seems to have broken my Internet connection in the sense that once in a while I am notified that either

a. "A network cable is unplugged" although the cable is still in. The lights from the Ethernet slot stop flashing as well which makes me think the whole network card turns off

b. or that "This Local Area Connection has limited or no connectivity". In both cases I can no longer connect to the Internet and ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew don't work saying that the Media is disconnected. The only way I can get the connection going again is rebooting Windows. While the wired connection isn't working, the wireless one seems to be fine all the time.

I had no issues before trying to install hamachi. Also, I recall I've tried installing two versions of it, but I forgot about it and only deleted the older one. When I did this I manually deleted all the registries that contained information about hamachi and all the folders in program Files and Application Data. However, I still had the newer version of Hamachi (LogMeIn Hamachi) which kept opening up every time I've booted Windows and it kept breaking the Internet connection.

The issue now is that I can't remove the newer version of Hamachi from Add/Remove Programs. When I try doing so I receive an error message saying "Another product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue.To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel." There's no other Hamachi products showing up o the list (seeing as I've deleted the other one). I've tried downloading LogMeIn Hamachi and reinstalling it but I receive the same error. Do you have any idea how I can uninstall Hamachi, or at least fix the conflict that keeps disconnecting me from the Internet?

Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Registered Member

bump.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus

Use Revo Uninstaller: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

That seemed to do the trick. No disconnections as of yet.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus

Good to know. Can you please mark this thread as solved: