Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

[SOLVED] Generic IEEE 1284.4 Printing Support

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Generic IEEE 1284.4 Printing Support within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have a Gateway E-2000 PC running Home sp1. Am trying to install an HP printer via USB but system is

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Have a Gateway E-2000 PC running Home sp1. Am trying to install an HP printer via USB but system is not recognizing the printer. In device manager, under other devices, Generic IEEE 1284.4 Printing Support is listed with exclamation mark. I have downloaded the three available MB downloads from Gateway, have the original CDs and still am unable to resolve how to locate the file.
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Figured it out...Client attempted to plug USB cable into PC prior to software fully installing.
Solution: Removed all printers (unknown or IEE), uninstalled HP software, rebooted with USB cable unplugged, reinstalled HP software, following instructions, plugged USB in when requested.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand new self-built computer keeps freezing
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4600+ Mobo: Asus M2A-VM HDMI Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2 × 1GB DDR2 @ 800 MHz. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320GB (XP SP2 still thinks its 130GB, but mobo realizes its 320GB) So yea my major problem is it keeps freezing every once in a while and it tends to slow down a bunch...
LeftIsTrembling RAM and Power Supply Support 96 08-01-2007 07:49 AM
Major Problem! Help needed! Tanks!
There's a serious problem with my computer, My computer is infected and I can't get online(I'm using some other people's PC right now) The virus has prevented norton from starting up, and every once in awhile I get a error msg of "lsass.exe" stating object not found. There's also an...
flame87 Inactive Malware Help Topics 72 05-12-2007 03:18 AM
98SE drivers wont work AC97 sound [RESOLVED]
Hi i have installed 98SE And don't have the computers sound drivers so i found the driver i needed off Driver guide.net and got the AC'97 drivers for 98 and now the sound still wont work. but it says its installed. Only the CD player has sound working nothing else?? please help thanks
Douglasfermie Win 98 & ME Support 15 05-02-2007 02:59 AM
Re: hi jack by look-today.com and haunted by trojan swizzor bt.
Hi there, New and novice member here :sad: :sad: It is really frustrating not being able to get rid of the look-today.com tool bar and it's frequent hijack. I had a scan by 'Trendmircro' and result was 'trojan swizzor bt.' being spotted. Like everyone else, i have tried ad-ware, norton...
chankmr Resolved HJT Threads 41 12-21-2004 07:48 PM
need help FIXING Win Xp !!!!!
X( I install Win Xp in another computer. but when i want install the card 3D (but i think not just the card 3D) the computer say me "you need register your windows, if you dont register your windows before install your software , your software maybe will not run correctly" - in help it...
Alexander Windows XP Support 5 08-12-2002 09:52 AM