Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are val

124K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  bertely 
#1 ·
please help me when i am trying to installing a game getting the following error
please tell me wt to do !

#3 ·
Re: Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid ?

Window xp sp3
Ram 4GB
Graphic card 8400GS
HDD-500 GB
Game is Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ( The game is working fine in my friend PC )

Is der a problem with net frame work or ny thing else ?

#6 ·
Re: Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid ?

sir when i was trying to run trouble shoot link it saying you need to install window insataller 2.0 version so i installed it after & again i run troublshoot exe file den again it saying you need to install 4.0 version befor continue so could you tell me that how many & in which order i need to install all this versions !

#8 ·

sir i downloaded the last link from the window installer link link givn by spunk.funks bt still getting the same error when i am trying to open harry potter deathly hallows part-2 game setup
"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid"
plesae help :p

#10 ·

sir i removed java from control panel fully then installed offline java the link you gave
bt still getting the same error i want to describe the window installer version that i can see in control panel -2.0 sp1,3.0 sp1 & net framework 3.5 i updated window installer with 4.5 version bt i can't see it in control panel ?

#11 ·

try browsing the registry (Start > Run > regedit > OK) to the following value:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\<ProductSQUID>\

Where 'ProductSQUID' is the ID of the game (you'll have to go through the whole list of values, a daunting task) and check if there's a 'transform' entry on the registry key you believe to be created by the installer. Check if this entry is pointing to a valid Windows installation drive (where Windows is installed, most often the C: drive), and if not, change it.
this is the solution of my problem sir,thanx now the game is installed very well thanx again sir,

#12 ·

try browsing the registry (Start > Run > regedit > OK) to the following value:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\<ProductSQUID>\

Where 'ProductSQUID' is the ID of the game (you'll have to go through the whole list of values, a daunting task) and check if there's a 'transform' entry on the registry key you believe to be created by the installer. Check if this entry is pointing to a valid Windows installation drive (where Windows is installed, most often the C: drive), and if not, change it.
this is the solution of my problem sir,thanx now the game is installed very well thanx again sir,
Thanks guys, also works for a common error during install of SigerShaders 2.5.1.0, in regedit, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\
find the string that contains siger then delete the whole chain, solved!, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.