Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] deleted LAN or deleted network adaptors!!! HELP

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TheOutcaste 
#1 ·
I had viruses on my PC so bad I decided to wipe the hard drive! Used the original disk that came with my PC! Upon completion I can not connect to the internet! When I go to network connection, there are none! I also go to system>system properties>hardware>device manager: no network adaptors or devices! BUT there are a lot of yellow exclamation marks\question marks! Multimedia, other PCI bridge devices, PCI simple comm. Control,SM bus controller,USB camera, and video controller! I also used my ISP disk trying to reinstall the drivers, but that didn't fix anything! Also unplugged and plugged the ethernet cable, and phone line! Nothing works! Does it sound like I deleted my LAN or did I delete my network adaptors? PLEASE HELP!!:
:

#3 ·
Re: deleted LAN or deleted network adaptors!!! HELP

just want to make it clear, touch meant you need to install all the necessary drivers from the motherboard driver cd. not just the network driver :)

the cd should auto start and normally has an express install button where it'll automatically detect all the necessary drivers for you. once you've done that all the yellow ! should go away. if any remain, you have other add-on card in your pc that is not part of the motherboard. an example is a dedicated video graphics card, or a dial-up modem (don't laugh, some people still has that).

#4 ·

What is the Make, Model and Brand of your computer? If it is a name brand computer (Dell, HP, etc) you can go to the manufacturers Support web site, put in your Asset tag from the label or just type in the Make and Model, and it will give you a page to download drivers tp a flash drive and put it on this computer. Once you get the Network Adapter installed then you can download the rest of the drivers directly to that computer.

#5 ·

The disc that I have is the operating systems disc! And my computer is a emachines, purchased from walmart in 2003! Also I tried to uninstall the drives that are showing up with the yellow ! But when I run the detect new hardware button, it detects those exact items, but won't let me reinstall the drivers!

#6 ·

Here's a link to the eMachines Support site.
http://www.emachines.com/support/
Click on Drivers and Downloads, then follow the prompts to find your particular model number, which should be on a sticker on the system someplace.

#8 ·

SOLVED: I want to thank everyone for their help... I downloaded the chipset drivers, and went to emachines website and downloaded a couple of other things and IT WORKED... Thanks so much, this website is "THE ISH"!!!

#9 ·

You're Welcome!

I'll mark it Solved for you, for future reference though:
You can mark your own threads Solved by using the Thread Tools at the Top Right of this thread (above the first post) :grin:

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.