Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

[SOLVED] caps lock reversed, etc.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] caps lock reversed, etc. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I must have hit some command keys in error - caps lock is reversed, numeral keys always produce symbols, entire

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I must have hit some command keys in error - caps lock is reversed, numeral keys always produce symbols, entire page highlights when I click on a section or file (e.g jpeg). How can I fix this? Running Windows XP.
Thanks!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Moderator, Microsoft Support

My System

Hi JodyO and welcome to TSF !

Have you tried pressing the caps lock key again or pressing the shift key to deactive the caps lock ?

It could also be the shift key that's stuck, try to repress it several times.

Go to control panel => accessibility options and check that the sticky keys are not enabled.

Lastly, try to reboot the computer, and unplug/replug the keyboard.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Smile

Many thanks! (I had already checked Sticky Keys). I believe it must've been a stuck Shift key. I also pressed left and then right Shift keys so am not sure exactly what worked, but something did!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS Word, auto caps lock
Hi I have this problem. I was typing fast and it suddenly started typing in all caps. I checked the caps lock and it is not on. Even without it on, whatever I type comes in caps. I known there might be some control keys which I might have inadvertently pressed. I can't get rid of this. I...
musafir_steve Microsoft Office support 5 04-01-2009 11:59 AM
How do I make a sound for caps lock!
When I hit caps lock by mistake I don't know it at first , I looked under sounds but don't see it there, Is there some place else to look? :confused:
Florence Other Hardware Support 6 08-25-2006 05:34 PM
Presario 2100 keyboard stuck on caps lock
At the bootup, the keyboard light does not come up, and it is stuck on permanent caps lock, the number key at the top of keyboard only respond to the symbols (which work with Shift key). After switching on "Caps" key the keybaord shifts to small letters but still the numbers do not work. And key...
farrukhz Laptop Support 0 10-09-2005 07:15 PM
Caps Lock: Die?
I think the Caps Lock needs to be removed from the keyboard as it is very abused. Your thoughts?
ebackhus Offline 24 09-30-2005 01:05 AM
Office 2003 Crashes when people press Caps Lock
We have had a rash of people whose office 2003 is crashing when the caps lock key is pressed. We have tried running every update available and still no resolve. Any clues about this?
jedi755 Microsoft Office support 2 11-04-2004 01:22 PM