Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] "No audio device" yet I have realtek drivers installed

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Defused 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't have any sound because i get the "no audio device" pic related

I have tried bios enabling, updating realtek driver, set backing the driver, uninstalling then reinstalling, installing drivers off the HP website, installing drivers off realtek website. I've done the services.msc ****. EVERYthing. I've made a fresh reformat of XP btw. Help?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also when I tried to install the HP driver it says I need the UUA high definiton bus driver, but it says in device manager that i have it, and when ever I install the uua driver off microsoft or whereever it says it has installed and must restart but when you get back on I try to install the HP driver but it still says I need the UUA driver.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: "No audio device" yet I have realtek drivers installed

Hi Difused. This might sound like a really stupid question but do you have any speakers hooked up? If so, are they connected to the correct plugs?

Good day.

Mike

#4 ·

Ok. If you have some speakers, try plugging them in. I have several computers in my shop here as test platforms and so I unplugged my speakers from my XP machine and, sure enough, it reported "no audio device." The headphones SHOULD suffice but just for grins and giggles, hook up a set of speakers and see if it changes.

Good day!

Mike

#5 ·

Ok. If you have some speakers, try plugging them in. I have several computers in my shop here as test platforms and so I unplugged my speakers from my XP machine and, sure enough, it reported "no audio device." The headphones SHOULD suffice but just for grins and giggles, hook up a set of speakers and see if it changes.

Good day!

Mike
It still remains the same I'm afraid.

#12 ·

I'm suspecting that the audio subsystem has failed. The easiest solution would be to get a discreet sound card and install it. They aren't too expensive generally. You can go expensive if you like, and have the speaker system for it, but a low priced card is good for general use.

#13 ·

I'm suspecting that the audio subsystem has failed. The easiest solution would be to get a discreet sound card and install it. They aren't too expensive generally. You can go expensive if you like, and have the speaker system for it, but a low priced card is good for general use.
It's not my sound card or computer, becuase I reverted back to windows 7 and everything is fine, but this XP has this problem. Ideas?

#14 ·

Go to Start/Run and type mmsys.cpl and press enter. In the Sound Properties go to Audio tab. Under Playback Device take the drop down arrow and make sure the playback device is the same as the one in the Device Manager.

#16 ·

What is the make and model of your computer? Boot into the Setup (Bios) look for onboard devices or something like that and make sure the OnBoard Audio is Enabled.
Go to Start/Run and type dxdiag and press enter. Post the results here.

#17 ·

Great call, spunk! The BIOS onboard audio just may be the ticket! My son just had that very problem and it didn't even click. I solved that problem for him but forgot all about it. It sucks getting old. :3-nuts:

Good day!

Mike

#18 ·

Hi,

As you have already checked the BIOS settings if it is fine then u just need to check one thing, go to run type dxdiag and then click on sound1 or sound2 check the status of your devices there,

hope this will resolve the problem and revert with the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.