Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Setting Up Personalized Settings For?

18K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  redfrans00 
#1 ·
everytime i start my computer.. there is always a window on the upper left that says: setting up personalized settings for: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Wndiir\WinLoad.exe restart i can't use my computer bcos its always stuck on that window..there are no icons come up on my screen and even the taskbar but i can access internet browser using task manager by creating new task(http://google.com)... help me pls..i dont know what to do.. ill really appriciate much who can help me on that problem.. BTW: im using Windows Xp. :normal::normal:

#2 ·
Your logon profile has become corrupted. In Task Manager go to File/New Task (run...) and type in control userpasswords and hit enter. Create a new User with Admin privileges. Log out and log back in as the new user. Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\ Look for your old Profile. Copy the Desktop, Favorites and My Documents to the New User Profile from the old.

#5 ·
tnx 4 ur reply,,
id do that before.. suggested of others!!
but when i am copying files from my old user profile.. i recieve an error that says:

error copying files or folder..something like that,, and after that,, id tried to log on the new user even though id didn't copy my old files..and the main problem is still there..

so what do you think,,??
what should i do??

#3 ·
Hi

I believe you have a virus/malware therefore to check for Viruses/Malware you have to start a new thread in the Virus/Malware support section.

First you should read the "First Steps" document and gather all the required reports.
If you cannot complete a step, just skip it but be sure to include this information in your post
Then start a new thread in the virus/malware section and attach the reports you have created.

#6 ·
Hi

I believe you have a virus/malware therefore to check for Viruses/Malware you have to start a new thread in the Virus/Malware support section.

First you should read the "First Steps" document and gather all the required reports.
If you cannot complete a step, just skip it but be sure to include this information in your post
Then start a new thread in the virus/malware section and attach the reports you have created.
i dont know what to do,, i dont understand what to do

#7 ·
Hi

Winload.exe I believe comes from Windows Vista (Though I cannot confirm this at the moment) and is usually under C:\Windows\System32 not some obscure folder called Wndiir and also not on a Windows XP machine.

Therefore I am sure you have a virus or malware. TSF has a specific section that deals with viruses and malware. The Virus/Malware section has support people that are specially trained to remove viruses and malware. Therefore it is in your best interest to open a new thread in the virus/malware section. The section can be found here (click on the red underlined link).
To help the support personnel in the section you must run specific programs to gather reports about the viruses you might have as well as your PC configuration. You must read this document to see what programs must be run and what reports are required (once again click on the red underlined link to read the "First Steps" document).
If you cannot submit a report just carry on to the next step and specify which step you could not complete.

#12 ·
Formatting is always an option.
However there are both advantages and disadvantages of doing this.

The biggest advantage is that you will have a nice clean fresh installation of Windows XP with none of the added garbage that comes with an older installation (especially when you like to install and uninstall programs)
And the biggest disadvantage is that formating is time consuming. You have to backup any data/settings you want to save, format, reinstall, reinstall drivers, reinstall programs, transfer your data and settings back.

If you do not have a lot to backup, know how to format/reinstall and have all your programs and driver disks then formatting is the way I would go.
Just remember if it is a virus it might just be a simple case of running a program to remove it in which case it could save you a lot of time.
However it is ultimately up to you.

#15 ·
Hi

We will help where we can.
Here is a document on how to format and reload Windows XP.

http://www.buildeasypc.com/sw/windows_xp.htm

Once done you will need to load the drivers. To do this we will either need the make AND model of your PC or if it is a home built PC we will need the make AND model of the motherboard. We will then be able to point you to the website where you can download the drivers. Alternatively if you still have the driver CD for your PC/Motherboard that will be much easier.

#16 ·
tnx 4 reply,,
but i dont need to reinstall Windows Xp anymore bcos id already fix my problem..not totally fix but iknow how to turn on my computer w/o the pop up windows(setting up personalized settings for: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Wndiir\WinLoad.exe restart) ^_^.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.