Services error message

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  CCT 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone

I had posted this thread earlier however i have not gotten a
solution as yet. When i try to check the services on my machine
i get this error below:

One or ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1) Your current security settings prohibt running activeX control or this page or

2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls

Someone had inform me to change a figure in the registry, i did that and encountered
the same problem. I have also set all the settings in the Internet Option(Control Panel)
to the default settings however the problem still exist.

Is there any solution to this problem.

#6 · (Edited)
How are you trying to view the system services? Are you trying to run services.msc? The Microsoft Management Console doesn't use ActiveX, so it looks like your default MMC program has been changed to IE. What OS are you using? If it's XP, heres a file that will re-associate the correct extension for MMC. Let us know. Cheers.

Edit: Just realized I was in the XP Help Forum... nvmd about the OS question. That file will work, as long as you were actually trying to view the XP Services, and not just a website. Cheers.

#8 ·
I try to access the services two ways. Either i try access it through the control panel or by services.msc (Run command). I try the file that would re-associate back to MMC however that did not work. Also the value in my registry (1200) is 0. If its any help i am using XP SP3. Hope there is a solution out there.

#9 · (Edited)
There's one other place that could have been changed from '0' in the registry (found it by manipulating mine);

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-youruserstring\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0]

Once again, check to make sure the 1200 entry in that key is 0 .

edit: it won't say 'youuserstring' but a bunch of alpanumerics.

#10 ·
Hi everyone

Hope everything is ok. As for me i still cant rectify the problem i am having. I check the location in the registry [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-youruserstring\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0]. And the value is zero, is there anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.