Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondary Admin Account -> Display won't wake from standby

879 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  uid_0 
#1 · (Edited)
Long story: Same hardware previous installation of XP suddenly stopped functioning when wife would log in at console, but would function fine via Remote Desktop. Her account was an Administrator account, but the 3rd account created overall after "Administrator" and my own account. If she logged into the console the desktop would function for some random amount of time, typically less than 10 minutes, and then suddenly the display would go into standby and nothing short of a hard reboot would bring it back. If I logged inat the console there was no problem, I could sit using the desktop for hours with no sign of standby.

To resolve the issue I finally resorted to a fresh install of XP SP3 on a new HD. I created teh user account in the same sequence 1. Administraot (Created by default) 2. Me 3. Wife
Now on a fresh install with all post SP3 patches installed, and only drivers from Windows Update the machine is exhibiting the same behavior. Any account I create as an administrator, other than my own, will run at teh console for some short amount of time and then the display goes into unrecoverable standby. Some of the time when this happens it is merely the display being nonresponsive and I am able to log in via Remote Desktop to my account, not her's, and operate normally. Other times it acts as if the entire machine went into standby but the system does not power off all the way, system LED still lit but otherwise no response at console or via network.

Attached is the output of Belarc Advisor, any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.