Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

SecCode not found

This is a discussion on SecCode not found within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell Inspiron E1405 which was working wonderfully until I downloaded some updates from Microsoft. I conducted a

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Dell Inspiron E1405 which was working wonderfully until I downloaded some updates from Microsoft. I conducted a normal shutdown and got the prompt that needed updates will be installed and then the PC will shut off. Normal stuff, so I let it do its thing. When I turned it on again, I get the following notice just after the Dell splash on screen (the boot up screen):

SecCode not Found!

Total time that elapses from the power on button to the notice is approx. 5 seconds. None of the normal tricks work. I've tried to boot it in Safe Mode by pressing F8 but it pays no mind and keeps right on going to the error notice.

I can get into the setup and BIOS menu and it all looks fine. Once its on the
SecCode not Found! notice, nothing else can be done...it just hangs there. The cursor is blinking; CNTRL/ALT/DEL puts it into a reboot for some of the same.

So if I can't access SAFE MODE to get to a restoral point, what can I do?

I have XP loaded and I don't know what updates were loaded and not sure what SP I have.

Joseph

Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #2

Do you use an encryption product called SecureDoc?

Quote:
Restoring an encrypted drive
If you try to boot up the restored image, it might fail. In the case of SecureDoc it might generate the message: "SecCode Not Found", or, similar. If this happens you may have problems with the MBR and/or the Boot Logon code. Use the SecureDoc emergency boot disk to repair these. The PC should then boot.
Go here to read the full thread where this is discussed.

Computers - You can't live with them, you can't live without them!
Closed Thread