Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

screen aspect ratio incorrect

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ThorXP 
#1 ·
I have a Tablet Laptop PC. The aspect ratio of every application is squished vertically. This includes every icon in every application. This is a particular problem for me when trying to complete desktop publishing projects...just don't know what things are going to look like until I print.

Please help!

Jeannie89

#3 ·
Welcome to TSF....

Since this is just the vertical and not also the horizontal size that is affected I think it is doubtful that trying to change a setting in display properties is going to fix it, I would recommend calling the manufacturer of the notebook and find out where their recommended repair shop is in your area and take the notebook in for a look see, my user group had a similar happening and it turned out to be a shorted ribbon cable from th emother board to the screen which could have wasted an expensive laptop.

#4 ·
It can. Some monitors/graphics card combinations don't have these options, but mine goes like this
My monitor is 1280x1024 (native resolution). Now if I put it at 1024x768 or 800x600 or 640x480 it will just stretch to fill the screen.
Now there are other options too:
1280x960
1280x800
1280x768
1280x720
If I choose any of those, the horizontal aspect ratio will be correct, but the vertical one will be stretched (since it's trying to fit 720 into 1024 for example using the last one)

#5 ·
It is stated aspect ratio of every application is squished vertically. This includes every icon in every application. If everything is down vertically then I suspect something more than a resolution setting but not actually being able to physically work on it leaves a bit to be desired. If it is a resolution thing then all that would happen is everything would be smaller and the aspect ratio would still be the same and nothing would be squished.

I think that having it looked at would be the best thing even though it would cost a couple of bucks it might be well worth it to save the rest of the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.