Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Restarting when accessing MPEG/DV Video Files

804 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  TheMooseArmy 
#1 · (Edited)
I’ve recently had problems with accessing DV and/or probably MPEG-Files (The special .mod format used by JVC DVD-Camcorders) either by Windows, or by Vegas 8.

When I’m loading my project file with Vegas, it will freeze and then immediately reboot when it is accessing the video files (only DV files, but there are MPEG-files in the same folder; I’ve had problems working with those before). The reboot cannot be prevented.
If I had opened the folder with Windows Explorer, it did the same – freeze and restart. Just after de-Installing MainConcept DV Codec, I could go and see the files; but trying to play one would result in a restart again. Then I installed Panasonic DV Codec, and I couldn’t even open the folder like before.
My computer also always restarts when I try to install Windows Media Player 11 (I had downgraded to version 9 before, now I need 11 for my mp3-player). So I tried in safe mode – it worked – till it told me, AT THE END of the installation, I need Media Player 10 to install this. BUT, Windows Media Player 10 tells me, 11 IS installed; and my software panel started to restart as well, since the installation.

So…I’m quite lost….:sigh:
I hope you can help me! Thanks already for reading this…:pray:

Additional Info
My Windows is a “tuned” XP with slipstreamed SP3 by RegCheck, since my old original (yes, I have a license) Windows had been pretty defective. Everything worked fine before I started working with those MPEG-Mod-Files and did something wrong, obviously.

There is an Elecard VFW MPEG codec installed. FFDShow is installed, too. (Doesn’t matter if set to play or set to not play DV Files)

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.