Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[RESOLVED] Desk-top left list?

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Geekgirl 
#1 ·
Hyello all.

A rather annoying list/menu/something has really been proving to be a problem lately. I'll try and explain the issue the best i can.

Okay, while using a full screen program or game everything works great. But if i move my cursor to the top left corner a list of programs on my desktop shortcuts then within a split second the full screen program minimizes.

Now, it's not really anything epic or a fatal error but it's proving to be quite an annoyance while playing Starcraft.

Does anyone have any ideas what i can do to stop this?

Thanks in advance,
-Dagx

#3 ·
#4 ·
Re: Desk-top left list?

Alright. The process in link 3 there didn't really help. i'll explore the other 2 in depth later but they seem to be pretty similar.

As for screen shots it's rather hard to catch the problem because all the "list" of desktop icons that appear function like a right click menu and disappear when i hit any key. So i only have 2 useful screen shots of the top left quarter of the screen.

1:

As you can see this is a screen shot of the Halo pause menu, anyway the cursor is the the very top left and if it stays there for a few seconds the menu/list/thing will appear.

2:

Now i could only get a shot of part of one of the objects on the list but basically it's a 2 row column with the miniture pictures of the icons on my desktop.

I'll try and get better screen shots but as i said the list/thing dissappears when i hit any buttons.

#8 · (Edited)

Well i thought about that and well the Togglemouse software came with my laptop. Plus last time i tried to uninstall it an error occurred and it told me to close all my programs and restart my computer which i ignored and did nothing. Let's see if I can get the error again.

Ah it happened again and here's the error message.

Considering how important the win 16 subsystem sounds I think I'll try a few other things first. I'll go through the Togglemouse help file I just found. Unless of course you people don't think uninstalling Togglemouse will cause to much damage.

EDIT: Most useless help file I have ever found.

#9 ·

Download and install CleanUp!

*WARNING* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Cleanup! All Users
  • Click on the “Temporary Files” and uncheck the box for “Scan drives for file matching” if it’s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted.

Try removing Togglemouse software again. I dont feel uninstalling this program will cause any harm at all.

#10 · (Edited)

Thank you Thank you.

Not only did that Cleanup! application allow the win 16 subsystem to allow uninstallation of Togglemouse and thusly remove the oddity I was having but it freed up almost a gigabyte of space on my hard drive. Thank you very much. The problem has been solved!

P.s. One last thank you.

Just as I posted that Togglemouse returned. A little popup came up saying "Congratulations, Your mouse has just traveled 18 miles". And of course it had "Togglemouse" in the top left of the window. I then tested the top-left of my screen again and to my surprise the little menu/ist popped up again. But there is actually no togglemouse software in plain sight. I guess this isn't over.

EDIT: By plain sight i mean that it's no longer in the start>programs section it used to be in.

EDIT 2: Whoa, Togglemouse just said my mouse has just traveled over 29 miles now. Something isn't right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.