Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP ON IBM THINKPAD T42

This is a discussion on REINSTALLED WINDOWS XP ON IBM THINKPAD T42 within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I NEED THE DRIVER FOR WIRELESS ADAPTER TO GET ON INTERNET. CAN I INSTALL ON FLASHDRIVE FROM MY MAC.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

I NEED THE DRIVER FOR WIRELESS ADAPTER TO GET ON INTERNET. CAN I INSTALL ON FLASHDRIVE FROM MY MAC.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, all devices with yellow marks need to have drivers installed. You can save the install files on a Flash Drive from the MAC and transfer it over to this PC to install.
ThinkVantage Technologies downloads Choose the System Update to download all of your drivers at once.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"System Fix" virus hijacked computer
Hello, I’ve got a computer infected with the “System Fix” Virus. I believe the OS is Windows XP Professional. Searching the Tech Support Forum lead me to this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-in-trouble-614906.html Since that thread is getting quite long, I figured...
SilentJim Resolved HJT Threads 48 12-02-2011 08:10 AM
new issues with an old XP machine. Is it a virus McAfee can't find and clean?
For the past 2 months something is not right with our home computer, and I don’t know what. I run McAfee, but the scan does not seem to run, takes days to finish and sometimes only says 1200 files scanned with no virus detected. When I run task manager says CPU usage is 100%. IE hangs up or...
tony_g Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 20 05-26-2011 08:01 AM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 06:01 AM
huge malware issue.
Hi, I've got a large problem on my son-in-laws pc. I was surfing when a program popped up that looks like it could be a microsoft progam, but its not. its called Malware Protection. It starts scanning and I can't make it stop.Its giving all kinds of warnings about tons of viruses on the computer,...
firerooster Resolved HJT Threads 44 05-17-2011 08:52 PM
pc blocked
i installed a program ,winmate,and after that my problems started,if i try to open any application ,i get an error, and if i try to run my browser it crashes,so I can only use it in safe mode.I did a scan with antivir and i found an hidden object and 36 warning,now i get a clean report scan ,but my...
ladymushroom Resolved HJT Threads 25 05-10-2011 10:14 PM