Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovery Partition/Disk

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  iTouch 
#1 ·
Hey,

The way my recovery partition works on my netbook is when it was first used (I didnt not use it first) is it creates an image of the system when all the system has been setup then when ever I have to use the recovery it used that image to just overwirte and replace everything.

I have access to the partition where the Recovery is stored and I have my Recovery Disk but as its a netbook I have no Drive, I can copy the disk files onto my Pen drive (if my pen drive is big enough)

I want to know if there is anyway I can change it so I can use the recovery and do it from scratch like when it was first turned on (first use) because there are setting there and other items that I want to change. If I could do it by editing the files in the partition that would be easier but I can try and use the disk if needs be?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hey,

The way my recovery partition works on my netbook is when it was first used (I didnt not use it first) is it creates an image of the system when all the system has been setup then when ever I have to use the recovery it used that image to just overwirte and replace everything.

I have access to the partition where the Recovery is stored and I have my Recovery Disk but as its a netbook I have no Drive, I can copy the disk files onto my Pen drive (if my pen drive is big enough)

I want to know if there is anyway I can change it so I can use the recovery and do it from scratch like when it was first turned on (first use) because there are setting there and other items that I want to change. If I could do it by editing the files in the partition that would be easier but I can try and use the disk if needs be? Thanks.

If you want to re-install the OS and set your computer to it's Original Factory Settings, depending on what Laptop you have there should be a special key that you press to enter the Recovery. Then you will need to format your Drive and continue the process which will then install the OS that your computer came with. More information on the Laptop would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.