Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Quicklaunch Toolbar doesn't load on startup

This is a discussion on Quicklaunch Toolbar doesn't load on startup within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am running Windows XP Pro, SP2. The Quicklaunch toolbar doesn't load on startup for my user account. It is

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am running Windows XP Pro, SP2. The Quicklaunch toolbar doesn't load on startup for my user account. It is there as I can go to Toolbars >Quick Launch and it opens, but I have to do this manually every time I start up. I have two other user accounts on the same computer and it works fine on those accounts. This occured after I installed a trial version of Corel PhotoShop X2. After installing PSX2, the Taskbar disapeared, and I had to use System Restore to get it back. Eventually, I had to un-install PSX2 completely as it caused a whole series of other errors. After that, the taskbar worked but the Quick Launch would not load. I had also installed PC Tools Spyware Doctor 5.0 at about the same time. I have followed several suggestions from kellys-corner and from the Microsoft knowledge base, but none worked. I also deleted the Quick Launch folder in IE7 and re-created it but that did not help. I also downloaded the "Free Quick Launch toolbar" but that didn't work either.
I can only conclude that is not saving the settings to my user account when I exit.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Tech Hardware Team

Go to bottom of screen, just to the right of the start button.
Right click, then choose toolbars, then put a check next to quicklaunch.
You will be right clicking on the task bar.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes, as per my first posting, I know how to start the quicklaunch, but it should load automatically on startup. For some reason, XP is not saving the setting or something won't allow the quick launch toolbar to load on boot up.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to linesman

some answers here

http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
Registered Member

Tried the site which suggested changing the value of the userinit entry in the registry but it was set correctly to start with. No evidence of the Blazefind malware.