Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plug n Play Problems!

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  venumx 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is actually my first post on here! Basically what is happening is when I plug in a PnP device it locks up and seems to point to the rpcss.dll file. After I press "Don't Send" on the error report the computer recieves a command to do an emergency restart therefore giving me 1 minute to save any data that I may need. I have recently bought a motorola Q and I have many other devices that I plug and unplug every day, so I get this quite frequently. Issuing the shutdown -a command aborts the restart but the rpcss.dll file is already error'd out so I have to restart anyway. Here are my system specs:

CPU: 3.0ghz AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
HDD: 2 x 300 GB in RAID = 600GB
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB
Memory: 2 x 1024 MB PC2-6400 (400MHz) G.Skill
AV: AVG Free 7.5.485 w/ latest definitions
Spyware: SpyBot: Search and Destroy 1.4 w/ latest definitions
Spyware Blocker: SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 w/ latest definitions
Adware: Adaware SE Personal 1.06r1 w/ latest definitions
Registry: Wise Registry Cleaner 2.92 w/ latest definitions

All AV/Spyware/Adware/Registry programs are run daily and all issues are fixed. Thank you in advance for your help!

-Tim

See less See more
#4 ·
hello

have you ever run a sfc

sfc repairs the core system files to wich dll's are part if that

Mike
Interesting, I've never run an sfc before. I started it before i went to work and put in the windows cd cause it asked for it. I wont be home till 9:30pm EST so I wont find out if it worked till then! :) thanks for the info though!

What is your Plug n Play service set to, manual or auto? Find out by typing "services.msc" in the run box. I'd set it to auto if it not already.
Yeah, I double checked that before I posted, just triple checked and it's set to auto :) thanks though!

I'll respond back when I get home later thanks again guys!

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.