Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Help!! Windows Stop Error

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  shewy311 
#1 ·
Hi there guys,

I am really getting fed up with this error now and I need some help on this, so hopefully there is someone out there who can help and if there is I would be very greatful!!

I have had this computer for about 4 months and it works fine for about 95% of the time!

Since I first set it up it would very occasionally go to the blue screen with a stop error and reboot, it would then work fine.

The Error code is 0x000000D1, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The device driver ha20xk2.sys was highlighted in the error message as the file that had triggered the error. This driver is for the creative X-Fi soundcard, so I decided to update the driver, however the error continued.

Within the last couple of weeks the blue screen errors became more frequent and windows started to run into problems. For example when a user logs off the computer would lock rather than logging off, after unlocking the computer applications would not run. However after a reboot they would and the computer would work fine. I thought this may indicate a problem during the installation of the OS so I decided to install a clean copy of Windows.

Windows installed fine and I loaded on the latest device drivers for all of the devices attached to the PC.

I thought that the problem was sorted until I got the exactly the same error again. However this time the error occurred in the http.sys and the nvtcp.sys device driver.

I then started too suspect hardware failure and started to run some diagnostics, I used Microsoft’s Windiag memory check utility which found no faults in the RAM; I also used Western Digitals Diagnostic Software which found no faults with the HDD. Also a quick run through of dxdiag found no faults.

Since the reinstallation of the OS the error messages still happen. However the windows "locking error" hasn't happened.

There doesn’t seem to be any trigger event to the errors, they are just random.

One thing I have noticed thought is sometimes I download files and such as zips, exes or msi's and they are corrupted??!

Here is a brief description of my system:

Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit - all windows updates installed.
Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Western Digital 250GB SATA HDD
1GB DDR RAM (2 x 512mb)
Nvidia Nforce 4 SLi motherboard (MS-7185NMS)
Nvidia 7800GT graphics (Pci-express)
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extrememusic Soundcard

If anyone has any ideas they would really be appreciated,

Many Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi there,

There are no yellow icons in device manager, I have also checked through every property page and there are no conflicts showing up.

The chipset drivers are up to date, I didn't have to disable the on-board sound because the manufacturer had already done this, however I did double check the on-board sound was disabled as soon as I got the first error with the soundcard driver.

Its a bit of a wierd one! Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.