Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Phillips MT2100 windows XP formatting issue

This is a discussion on Phillips MT2100 windows XP formatting issue within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer has been clogging up lately with viruses and spyware and I have decided to format. I've backed up

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

My computer has been clogging up lately with viruses and spyware and I have decided to format. I've backed up all the files i wish to keep. I contacted phillips and they told me that my make of computer includes an assisted formatting system where you press f10 repeatedly upon startup and you can do a 'restore factory settings' from there onwards. However I have had no luck with this and cannot even access the phillips format assisant. Also I am a newbie to computers!

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

How do you plan to restore the computer? Do you have an XP CD from Microsoft? A restore CD from Phillips? Knowing how you plan to restore the PC will help me solve your issue for you.

BMR777

RusnakWeb - Web Development Tutorials
Old 05-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the fast reply.
I have no disks at all. Not even an xp cd. I was told that it is all built into the phillips format assistant and that i wouldnt need any disks.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Without having any CDs your best bet is probably to contact Philips for a set of restore CDs. The onboard system recovery programs that most PC makers include with their PCs usually don't work as they should. I have never had one work as promised. Having the XP CDs or disks from Philips should let you restore the PC with no issues.

Otherwise check the screen for any sort of message that prompts you to press a different key at startup and then try that and see if the restore wizard launches.

BMR777

RusnakWeb - Web Development Tutorials
Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks a lot I will give that a try!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #6
Registered Member

Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clams View Post
My computer has been clogging up lately with viruses and spyware and I have decided to format. I've backed up all the files i wish to keep. I contacted phillips and they told me that my make of computer includes an assisted formatting system where you press f10 repeatedly upon startup and you can do a 'restore factory settings' from there onwards. However I have had no luck with this and cannot even access the phillips format assisant. Also I am a newbie to computers!

Any help would be appreciated!
did you sourt thi problem as i have the same thing:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hi.

I'm unable rebuild my pc (also a Phillips Freeline MT2100) from an XP SP2 CD or any other CD - vista, windows 7 etc. I do not have the restore disk. Pressing F10 to run the built in recovery console doesn't work either. Is there any way around this?

Thanks (in advance)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:01 AM   #8
Registered Member

Here's what i've tried so far:

XP, Vista Home Basic & Windows 7 installation. Changing the RAM. Changing HDD. Rebuilding the HDD in another PC and then swapping it into the Phillips MT2100. Removing the ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card and just using the onboard graphics card while building. Unable to start in safe mode.