Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overheating

983 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  linesman 
#1 ·
Okay. My computer has just found another way to annoy me by overheating. It came up suddenly maybe would happen once or twice a week but now it mappends every hour and i have no clue what to do. Another fan may work but i dont want to have to get one yet if there is another solution? My friend says reconfiguring may help because there are viruses that can take control of that kind of stuff... Or so I've read. Can somebody please help me? i've checked my computers thermal tempurature after last overheat and it was 47 Celciuse. I do not know how many watts I'mrunning on sorry.

cFire.

#2 ·
Download Sensors View and post a screenshot of its readings from when you first switch on, and another after you've run some programs for a while, so we can see any variations in the temperatures and voltage values.

Also, open up your case and copy down the details from the label on the Power Supply Unit. Post back with this info and your full system specs.

Check your system's power requirements here (add 30% to the total to allow for PSU inefficiency)

Do you have a fan at the front of the case pulling cool air in and one at the back blowing warm air out? Check all fans are spinning and unobstructed by cables. Get a can of compressed air and clean any dust out of the case, especially around the fans and heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.