Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Oh no. I'm deaf.

This is a discussion on Oh no. I'm deaf. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here's the problem, Folks. In my tempest to clean up my PC, I had somewhere along the line installed ParetoLogic.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

Here's the problem, Folks. In my tempest to clean up my PC, I had somewhere along the line installed ParetoLogic. I was then told that ParetoLogic is not safe nor reliable. I looked for a way to uninstall but could not find one. I emailed ParetoLogic and they said the obvious: go to add/remove programs... Well, there was no listing for ParetoLogic. One would think they wouldn't exist on my PC but there they were; every time I opened my desktop. So I went another step and searched ParetoLogic in my files and folders and up came 3 folders. I then deleted two of them and guess what. I have no music audio. I still get the little MS tones but nothing for YouTube. What can I do to restore audio to my PC?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

You probably need to reinstall the driver for your sound card

Old 02-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for the response but all it needed was a restart. I suppose the drivers reinstalled themselves automatically. The only bug now is this window that pops up upon startup. They are Paretologic and the product is something called DriverCure. Are these people okay? I've been warned against them. But when I go to uninstall, there's no link, no prompt, and they are not listed in add/remove programs. Kinda weird. But I don't think they are necesssary. What do you think?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hello Sailor86

Please be reassured that Paretologic is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and has won numerous industry awards for it's products and services.

If you do not wish to use DriverCure, which is Paretologic's newest product, you can uninstall DriverCure and remove all associated files from your computer. This may require you to close all your applications and re-start your computer.

To uninstall the program from Windows Vista:
1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. In the left pane, select Control Panel Home.
3. In the Program section, click Uninstall a Program.
4. Select ParetoLogic DriverCure and click the Uninstall button.

To uninstall the program from Windows XP:
1. Open the Add or Remove Programs window by doing one of the following:
o For Windows Classic view, click Start and select Settings | Control Panel. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs option.
o For Windows XP categories view, click Start and select Control Panel. Click the Add or Remove Programs link.
2. Select ParetoLogic DriverCure and click Remove.
3. Click Yes in the confirmation dialog that appears.
4. If the program is running, click Yes to close it and to continue.
5. Ensure that all other programs are closed and data is saved, and click Yes to restart your system.

If you experience further difficulties, please send an email to helpdesk@paretologic.com and one of our highly skilled support team will be delighted to offer you assistance.

Kindest Regards
Laura
Paretologic Liaison
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
Registered Member

Wink

Yes, I see you have an "A" rating. But something seems amiss about the installation on my PC. Perhaps I did something wrong. In any case, I do not have ParetoLogic listed as a program either under "Programs" or in the Add/Remove list. I have 3 folders stored under the name Paretologic. Upon start-up, I get the Driver Cure window. It has no close button. It acts very stubbornly as it does not want to close easily. Then I get this "Solution Center" window that scans something and is also stubborn to go away. There are other programs listed and perhaps one of them is an alias to ParetoLogic? Uniblue Driver Scanner 2009 and RegCure are 2 of the possibilities.

Your rating with the BBB tells me this is an anomaly, not the norm. So I accept it may have been my own operator error somewhere along the way. In any case, I'd be very grateful for any hints or suggestions as to how to handle this problem. I appreciate your concern.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
gone

Just my opinion, but the best response ParetoLogic could have is a link to the forum they sponsor to handle situations like this.

For me, this is more important than a BBB rating, as it provides an opportunity for Users with common problems to assist each other, in the absence of any available staff from the company.

The worst impression I ever got of a company was Epox, a motherboard manufacturer, that actually shut down their forum due to numerous complaints from their customers regarding problems with their hardware. They did this in order to prevent new, prospective customers from learning about these problems before buying their prouducts.

This was about 8 years ago, and I have never purchased an Epox product since then, nor will I ever.

I believe the transparency of a company-sponsored forum is the most-important indicator of product quality and after-purchase support.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hello Sailor86

Paretologic has no affiliation with Uniblue Registry cleaner.

RegCure is a Paretologic product.

I welcome the opportunity to provide you with more in depth assistance, however I would like to recommend that we continue via our online helpdesk so that confidential information such as names, email addresses, license keys etc. are kept secure for your protection.

I would also like to see a screenshot of the DriverCure screen that you are receiving upon startup, and I will include instructions on how to take one below.

Here is how to do it:

1. Press the "PrtScn" key on your keyboard (it should be just next to the F12 key).
** After pressing the "PrtScn" key you will not receive a prompt or notification that anything has occurred.
2. Then open Microsoft Word, or Paint (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint)
3. Click the Edit menu and choose Paste.
4. Save the document and email it to us please at helpdesk@paretologic.com

If you could then send me an email at Pareto-Rep@paretologic.com letting me know that you have sent in the screenshot and providing me with the ticket number that your email was assigned, I will do my utmost to assist you with your concerns.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest Regards
Laura
Paretologic Liaison

Fren Banklin - We appreciate and welcome your comments and feedback. Paretologic does sponsor a forum, however it is designed for our free product PGSurfer which is a tool designed for parents to assist them in keeping their children safe during their online experiences. Due to the nature of our technical support, confidential information such as names, email addresses, license keys, purchase information, screenshots, log files etc are required for the type of in-depth technical support we provide for our product line, and we have found that the best venue for this is via our online helpdesk and our comprehensive and dedicated in-house Customer Support Team. We are proud of our Customer Support and receive high praise for our timeliness and dedication to our customer's needs. In fact, many of our customers tell us that our Support is second to none and the quality of our responses are refreshing and unique in an age in which customer service seems to be a lost art.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pareto Rep View Post
Fren Banklin - We appreciate and welcome your comments and feedback. Paretologic does sponsor a forum, however it is designed for our free product PGSurfer which is a tool designed for parents to assist them in keeping their children safe during their online experiences. Due to the nature of our technical support, confidential information such as names, email addresses, license keys, purchase information, screenshots, log files etc are required for the type of in-depth technical support we provide for our product line, and we have found that the best venue for this is via our online helpdesk and our comprehensive and dedicated in-house Customer Support Team. We are proud of our Customer Support and receive high praise for our timeliness and dedication to our customer's needs. In fact, many of our customers tell us that our Support is second to none and the quality of our responses are refreshing and unique in an age in which customer service seems to be a lost art.
I appreciate all of that. However, there is a contrasting belief in "the community" that it is a poor business decision to fail to facilitate a community around a product or service. Customer Service is a "lost art", it's also the first thing to lose funding when economic times get tough. A Technical Support Forum is comparitively low in cost, and can help business maintain "adequate" Customer Service, when there isn't enough money to provide excellent Customer Service.