Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure,but really desperate.

1K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  vmdoodle 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I must say i have visited this site many times before,but never really bothered to register.Great job you guys are doing here

Now to my problem.I don't really know if this is a Winxp problem or just my box acting weird,or something else altogether.BSOD's

Specs:

AMD Athlon 4000+ x2
ASUS M2A-MX board
1.00 gb of RAM
160 gb SATA (Hitachi)
DVDRW
NVIDIA 7200 GS GPU
WInXP SP2 with updates installed

The machine is all but 6 months old.It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.Then out of the blue I started getting BSOD's and random dump reboots.First thing i did was uncheck 'auto shutdown on failure' to see what the stop screens were.I found that they were mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA .
sometimes names of some files were mentioned,others were plain dumps.Frequency of these blue screens went on increasing and within hours even on reboots i'd get a BSOD.Frustrated, i looked to the Internet for help and found that ZoneAlarm free was the supposed culprit.I uninstalled it using the /clean/rmlicense option,but to no avail,the screens still continued
Thinking that it must be a hardware problem,i contacted my dealer (who happens to be a distant relative) He was kind enough to replace the RAM,the mobo,the processor AND the gpu.I reached back home,reinstalled XP and within 10 minutes,bam,there's a blue screen.I really got frustrated and tried following combinations:

1.removed GPU,drivers reboot and reinstall XP,problem persisted
2. Inserted RAM to slot #2,proble, persisted
3.removed all peripheral hardware,reboot,problem persisted..

Even more frustrated,i decided to debug the stop screens looking for some pattern,and took action accordingly.However,each time windbg (windebugger) came up with a different file as the culprit,sometimes it was RtkHDaud.sys (audio drivers) sometimes it was antivirus,sometimes NDIS.sys and a couple of times ATAPI.sys

Also i looked into the cpu temperature angle,it turned out my cpu was at a solid 34 and 37 degrees at the core,and GPU at 47 degrees celcius.

I'm really desperate now as my exams begin in a week.Please,any help that you can give me will be much appreciated

cheers
varun

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Let's see if anyone can help identify that P/S . . you do not have to install the ATI control panel by the way . . just download and install the card drivers.

You installed the Chipset and other motherboard drivers when you reinstalled?

while we are waiting, open msconfig startup and post a screenshot of the start up list. See the link in my signature for how to do this.

#19 ·
Never heard of that P/S . . something is causing the BSOD's . . this is a long shot, but open the case and look at the capacitors to see if any are leaking or bulging . . this site explains more about the problem.

http://www.badcaps.net/

If they are ok, only thing I can think of is to do another reinstall without the Video card, and without any other devices that you can disconnect or remove. Use only one stick of memory and see how it runs . .

#20 ·
my case is almost always open,for ventilation purposes :)
I took a peek inside and didn't find any bulging capacitors.I tried to reinstall after removing the video card,but then Windbg started pointing to the realtek HD drivers again,so i went to realtek's site and got the new drivers.ran drivercleaner pro in safe mode and installed the new drivers.However then there was a save dump which named ntoskrnl.sys,which worries me even more since it was a fresh,clean install.

I also tried memtest and downclocked RAM,but to no avail...Anyway i've dumped the thing at my dealers' now.He's promised to take a look.I'll keep you guys updated.Once more cheers for the help.Immense work :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.