Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Not receiving the packets

This is a discussion on Not receiving the packets within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I running a small browsing center, 12 computers running XP 7 computers connected one hub, 6 computers connected in

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi,

I running a small browsing center, 12 computers running XP 7 computers connected one hub, 6 computers connected in another hub. Now a days some systems are not receive the packets in status. Tried several ways to solve the problem but nothing happen. Yesterday onwards 4 computers are not connecting with the hug. Packets are sending frequently , but not receiving from the hub. Its happening few days only. 1 system only have Anti virus other 11 computers don't have anti virus. Installed Hard disk recovery hard. Please help me to solve this problem asap

Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

what are the hubs connected to ?
you have
12 PC on one hub
6 PC on a 2nd Hub
the PCs that do not work intermittently - are they all connected to 1 hub

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

anything common with the PCs that are not working

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My wireless is sending but not receiving packets?????
hi i have an acer aspire 5315 and im running windows vista home basic, My wireless has had no issues at all until i came to oklahoma yesterday and my internet will not connect to my dads wireless, but at my moms it had no issue, and at the airport i connected to there wifi with no issues also, is...
Mch209 Networking Support 24 01-10-2012 04:20 PM
Packets are being sent whenever i am receiving, slowing my download speed
Hi, i am connecting to the internet via a USB wireless adaptor which communicates with my router downstairs. Everything is fine except that whenever I am receiving packets, there is a corresponding upstream of packets which is subsequently slowing my download speed. I should be getting...
accomplice Networking Support 3 08-06-2011 06:21 PM
Not Receiving Enough Network Packets To Surf The Web?
Hello All, I ran into this problem about two days ago. I have a Asus EEE PC 900 laptop running Windows XP Home. I DO NOT use a modem or router. I connect wireless to someones network (which of course i dont know who it is or how far it is from me) I connect to a Linksys unsecured network. I get...
Snugglekitty410 Networking Support 2 04-07-2011 08:13 AM
How to route Promiscuous Packets?
Hi everyone, I am trying to finish a project and i now have a very un-natural networking question, but i figure that this is the correct place to ask it. Tools: Routing Device = Router. Test App = Creates and Sends Packets through my machine's NIC via NDIS Driver. WAN = Internet. VPN =...
aka_rich Protocols and Routing 6 03-25-2011 10:11 AM
Primary drive 1 not found/modem not sending or receiving packets
Help! I had a virus on my Dell Dim. 3000. Sometimes when I start it it wont even show me a task bar or start menu. It said my ip address was all zeros but I managed to fix that. Now it says Dhcp not enabled and my NetBIOS over Tcpip is disabled. It's not sending/receiving packets. What other info...
jgallant333 Windows XP Support 1 03-03-2011 04:53 PM