Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new user, first post, big problem

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  oshwyn5 
#1 ·
ok, im installing panda 2005 titanium and my computer goes dead. when i reboot, i cant log in to windows. i get these errors:

winlogon.exe-application error
The instruction of "0x00e66d68" referenced memory at
"0x00e66d68"
The memory could not be "written"

lsass.exe-application error

(with all that other mumbo jumbo as with the winlogon error)

and
services.exe-application error
(with the mumbo jumbo as well)

it says to click ok to terminate, which of course terminates, so does xing it out. i can still use safe mode with no problem.

i googled this and found 2 people with the same problem, one went back to uninstall panda 2005 titanium and that fixed it. i can't uninstall it cause it says it is missing a file (remember it got interrupted while installing by my computer crashing). the other guy said that i hw had a amd 64 processor and that panda 2005 was incompatible or something, but i have a pentium 4. im confused and out of ideas. im sort of new to computers and too broke to take it somewhere to fix, and i don't wanna lose all my programs and files.

can someone please help me fix this? im desperate!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
jboogy, the mumbo jumbo maybe needed in order to help you. Look in Event Viewer and make note of any errors in System and Applications that appear at the time that you reboot your computer. You can copy and paste the results. To get to Event Viewer go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer.

#3 ·
cool

by mumbo jumbo, i meant that what i typed under the winlogon.exe application error is what is uynder each of the other error messages.

here is the relevant messages from event viewer:

Type Date Time Source Category Event User Computer
Information 5/10/2006 9:56:36 AM Winlogon None 1002 N/A JBOOGY
Error 5/10/2006 9:56:25 AM Application Error None 1000 N/A JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:13:33 PM MsiInstaller None 11729 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:13:10 PM IDriverT None 0 N/A JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:06:36 PM MsiInstaller None 11724 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:06:25 PM MsiInstaller None 11724 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:06:19 PM ccSetMgr None 37 SYSTEM JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:06:18 PM ccSetMgr None 36 SYSTEM JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:06:09 PM MsiInstaller None 11724 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:05:44 PM SNDSrvc None 2 SYSTEM JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:05:44 PM SNDSrvc None 27 SYSTEM JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:05:37 PM NSCService None 37 SYSTEM JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:05:36 PM NSCService None 36 SYSTEM JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:05:34 PM MsiInstaller None 11724 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:05:21 PM MsiInstaller None 11724 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006 1:04:50 PM MsiInstaller None 11724 Jesse JBOOGY
Information 5/8/2006

i really need help. i hope this works

#6 · (Edited)
Hello and welcome to TSF.
I hope we can help you.

http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/psuk/2301-faq-titanium2004.htm#hunst
Is their removal instructions.

http://www.cityassure.com/?url=/pandaKB/&aid=0001441
Has more.

Make sure to run the uninstlsp program before proceeding or internet connection will be blocked.

If that does not do it try the microsoft installer cleanup utility (only after you have run uninstlsp or posted a hijackthis log to confirm your LSP has not been altered and it is safe to proceed. See the five steps below in my sig)
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301

#7 ·
In ok, difinitely need help. i have completed the five steps
I see no sign of the LSP entries from panda so you can proceed with the windows installer cleanup and manual removal instructions for uninstalling panda
after you have been cleared to proceed by one of the hijackthis analysts.

Make sure to post a link to this thread and let them know you are having a problem from a failed panda install.

#8 ·
This is a long shot but probably worth a go:

Why don't you try installing Panda again? You may get the option to repair install during the proceedure or it may run through the whole process again. If it works, you should then have the file needed to uninstall Panda.

Hope that helps :)

#9 ·
Use system restore.

BTW, Panda is [cough, cough] not too good. You'd be better off with Grisoft AVG, which is free as well.

#10 ·
Panda...

I don't know about "no good", but I do know that AVG is very good, small, fast & light on resources, and also that Panda's manual uninstallation is almost as difficult as uninstalling Norton.

In short, be ready for a long & difficult process if in the event removing Panda becomes necessary.

#12 ·
wallacehampton said:
I don't know about "no good", but I do know that AVG is very good, small, fast & light on resources,
In an anti virus test (it was second from the bottom) in a mag here in the UK, Panda got 1 star and AVG 4. The best thing that they could say about it was that it had a nice interface! Avast was the worst.

#16 ·
Well, following the instructions Ried has given so far should help you tremendously.
Let us know when you have finished there and need to proceed.

I personally have no problems with Panda Titanium; but the reference to using an outdated version (2005) worries me a lot.

My suggestion is that you get something current.
For free, AVG and AVAST are the ones most frequently reccommended.

Alternatively
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/viruses/wsc/en-us/default.mspx
Lists some free offers microsoft has worked out.
Of them, I really like F-Secure . They offer a free six month trial and if you select the "let me know of future offers" option they will alert you before the free trial is finished of offers for a discount on the full security suite.
Note that F-secure antivirus is free after rebate for the CD with one year sub when purchased at Fry's today through Tuesday May 16 if you have a Fry's in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.