Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Netzero won't uninstall

This is a discussion on Netzero won't uninstall within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am working on a friend's computer, she is trying to remove the Netzero software. She has a Dell

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hello,
I am working on a friend's computer, she is trying to remove the Netzero software. She has a Dell Inspiron 1150 runnning Win XP SP 2.

I went to control panel>add/remove programs>netzero - change/remove.
The Netzero connection window popped up, it gives you the option of setup options or connecting to the internet, there was no software removal button.

Then I tried to go directly to C>Program files>Netzero- uninstall.
It pops up a message that says that it can't be done, that the user of the computer has limited priveleges and they said to go logout, and log back in as computer administrator.

So I went to Control panel>user accounts> and I see that my friend is the only user and has the computer administrator account.

So I restarted the machine and tried the above again with the same outcomes.

Please help me, it is so frustrating. The other alternative I see is to start over, reinstall the OS.

Eduktd

Old 06-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to TheMatt

Hi,

You might be the victim of some malware that has taken over your computer. Check out this collection of steps: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

Then post a log using the instructions at the end. Within a few days a security team member should be in to help you.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Netzero hijacking my IE homepage
I have recently switched from netzero to adelphia high speed internet, and uninstalled netzero software, but cannot get IE to stop going to <http://my.netzero.net/s/sp>. For some reason, Firefox is not affected in this way. I have tried everything in the "please read before posting a hijack...
Sparkycuz Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 09-30-2006 02:50 AM
trying to uninstall software
Hi, Yesterday I tried to uninstall a pieces of software that came with my mobile phone - unfortuately the uninstall wizard bombed out before completely removing the software (sony ericcsson pc suite) now I cant re -install it or uninstall it - i've removed the main directories from...
philheckler Windows XP Support 4 07-12-2006 02:10 PM
Adware.BHO.HotWebFinder.A - BehavesLike:Win32.ExplorerHijack - ...
CoolWWWSearch.Feat2Installer - Trojan horse Downloader.Agent.DRH - Trojan horse Downloader.Generic2.AH - Trojan horse Downloader.Generic2.ARW *The aforementioned issues were detected with the implementation of: Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition, Spybot Search & Destroy, CWShredder, Trend-Micro...
Adonsia Resolved HJT Threads 10 06-05-2006 06:28 PM
Toolbar won't load and uninstall didn'tfully delete everything.
I've run into an issue that I believe was related to a VirtualDNS.dll virus, but it may not be since the HJT log that I posted in another section came out clean. When I got hit with the virus, the most obvious thing that got affected was that my MS officeXP Pro Shortcut toolbar disappeared. It is...
Jerold Microsoft Office support 1 05-19-2006 09:36 PM
CoD uninstall problem
I play CoD (Call of Duty) Multiplayer and have been for over a year. I had no problems with it at all until recently I got the message ur cd-key is in use. Sometimes it would work and others times it wouldn't. I knew that somebody was obviously using my cd-key and I dont know how. So I decided to...
Jamie7 PC Gaming Support 3 05-12-2006 01:52 AM