Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Move Media Player

This is a discussion on Move Media Player within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Wasn't sure where to post this thread....sorry if it's in the wrong place. I was trying to free up space

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

Wasn't sure where to post this thread....sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I was trying to free up space and noticed this Move Media player. 22,000 mb. Wouldn't that be 22 gb? I thought a GB was 1000mb. Anyway, I uninstalled it, and re-booted, and it didn't free up any space. Do you know anything about this?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

The Move Media player is a plugin to watch streaming video via ABC Networks (ABC.com) The 22MB size is probably right. Not a chance it would be 22GB though. No program out there that I know of is anywhere near that big.
A GB is 1024MB

Old 03-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

In the "add/remove programs" in control panel, all the programs are measured in megabytes. The move media player was 22,000 MB, which is why I removed it...even if a program is less than a MB in "Add/remove", it shows up as a decimal...i.e. 0.4 MB, etc.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #4
Registered Member

What is Move Media Player? - Yahoo! Answers

I have seen other complaints on the web, 11,000mb...and the one above that says 90gb

Here's another:

What is move media player? - Yahoo! Answers
Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Download CCleaner, analyze your drive and remove all the temp files it finds. Movie Media may have stored several temp files when it was playing videos.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM
can connect dir 615 with adsl modem
hi guys, recently i got a dlink dir 615 router from a friend. i'm using adsl modem now. i want to connect the modem to the router so that i have a wireless at home for my laptop and iphone. i have follow the step in the router manual but it did not work. i just cannot conect to the router page...
agni115 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 15 02-08-2011 10:36 AM
[SOLVED] Internet (Browsing) only works in safe mode
Hi all, Yesterday I picked up a laptop of a friend of mine which had some problems with the Internet connectivity. Turns out, Internet only works when booted in Safe Mode, however, it does ping in Normal Mode so there is connectivity. Tried IE and Firefox, both do not work in Normal Mode and do...
swriezebos Networking Support 2 01-25-2011 07:49 AM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM
A quick question...
First. I am running three routers at home, one as the gateway/router one as an access point and the third as a bridge/repeater. The Gateway/router and the bridge have matching SSIDs and security settings. The WAP has a different SSID and security settings. I want to be able to seamelessly switch...
GZ Networking Support 12 01-11-2011 04:06 PM