Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouse pointer freezes

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I use a Logitech laser mouse but still leave the Dell USB mouse connected with no problems, but twice recently the screen pointer has frozen, totally unresponsive to both mice (mouses?), the only solution being the OFF switch.

On reboot, it's fine, but it's happened twice now. Is this Microsoft's way of telling me to buy a new computer?

Appreciate thoughts.

GJ

#2 ·
What is the model# of your Logitech mouse? By Laser mouse, I assume you mean Wireless? Have you changed the batteries in the mouse? Is the USB connector plugged into the back of the computer or the front? The front are much weaker USB ports?
Go to the Logitech site Product Support & Software Downloads: Mice - Logitech and find your model and download an updated driver for the mouse.

#3 ·
What is the model# of your Logitech mouse? By Laser mouse, I assume you mean Wireless? Have you changed the batteries in the mouse? Is the USB connector plugged into the back of the computer or the front? The front are much weaker USB ports?
The wireless mouse is an MX 620, but that's not the problem. As I said, the problem also occurs with the DELL wired mouse at the same time. Something is dying in the system. I suppose I could try downloading a new driver, but is that driver used for the wired mouse as well as the cordless one?
GJ

#5 ·
Thanks, but at present both the mice are working happily, and I am a firm believer in the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The fault suddenly appears after several minutes/hours of use, so your very logical suggestion does not appeal at the moment. What to do if it happens again, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.