Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Missing Plug-in Error//Cannot Watch Videos

This is a discussion on Missing Plug-in Error//Cannot Watch Videos within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've been trying to watch videos on my Windows XP netbook, but I keep getting errors from every browser

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I've been trying to watch videos on my Windows XP netbook, but I keep getting errors from every browser I've tried. IE says "You need Adobe Flashplayer to watch this video" and includes a dl link, Firefox just shows a black box, and Chrome says to install the missing plug-in.

I've downloaded Flashplayer a number of times, installed it and re-installed it, but it doesn't work. I've also gone into the plug-ins page for Chrome and enabled all the flashplayer plug-ins, but nothing seems to change. How do I fix it?

Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Uninstall Flash player with the Offline uninstaller. Restart your computer and then Re-install using the Offline Installer Also, install Shockwave, and Java

Old 04-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Uninstall Flash player with the Offline uninstaller. Restart your computer and then Re-install using the Offline Installer Also, install Shockwave, and Java
Yeah, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the same error keeps occurring. Are there any other ways to tackle this problem?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Are you using the Adobe Uninstaller? not uninstalling from the Add Remove programs? Are you installing from the Adobe Offline Installer, not from the Adobe Download Manager?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search