Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

missing file asms. enter path for location

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dunedin 
#1 ·
:eek:when reformating win xp sp 2 using CD rom os disk, i'm 39 minutes from completion, when i get a message stating "need file asms - type in pathway to find its location" i am stumped at this point. seems to me that file is somewhere on the os set-up disc, but how to "tell" my pc this, eludes me! i'm losing my mind over this buffoonery! please someone give me a virtual benzodiazapine; H E L P !

#2 ·
when reformating win xp sp 2 using CD rom os disk, i'm 39 minutes from completion, when i get a message stating "need file asms - type in pathway to find its location" i am totally stumped at this point. i have no idea what, where, when, how or why (and sometimes Y), as to ppp (proper procedural prodicol). someone please send me a bottle of virtual benzodiazapines, OR help me with this most aggravating problem. thank you - you may be instrumental in keeping a fellow pc illiterate semi-sane!

#3 ·
Hello skemp1951 :smile:

I have seen this problem a few times.
Here are some things to try

First of all I would try cleaning the lens of the cdrom drive with a cleaning disc that you can get from any music or electronics store. Also, you could try washing the XP CD in luke warm water with a few drops of detergent in it - that slightly changes the reflectivity, which can sometimes help with read errors.

OR
http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=4639

These are all I have to offer I`m afraid so I hope one og them works for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.