Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Mathcad 13 will not start.

This is a discussion on Mathcad 13 will not start. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When i double click to open Mathcad 13, nothing happens. When I double click on an .xmcd file, the following

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

When i double click to open Mathcad 13, nothing happens. When I double click on an .xmcd file, the following message appears:

Windows cannot find 'file path .xmcd'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

I have reinstalled and repaired Mathcad 13, but I still have this problem. How do I fix it?

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have the same problem. I have the student edition of Mathcad 13. It worked fine on Vista Home Premium AS LONG AS I RAN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR (right-click and choose Run as Administrator). It does not work under my Windows 7 64-bit, which was expected because of the 64-bit OS. However, I installed Windows XP Mode virtual machine and then installed Mathcad 13 under that (including the prereqs), and expected that it would run, but it does not. It behaves the same way as Mythos52nd describes in previous post.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

The problem may relate to this info from PTC (vendors of Mathcad):

The Student Option Agreement (SOA) version of Mathcad can only be installed on one system. Copies of Mathcad with a Product Code beginning with the letters "JT" or "JA" are SOA versions of Mathcad and will be granted only one activation per user.

It is possible that even though I'm installing on the same machine, since it is a new OS they are counting it as a new activation (especially since, in my case, I installed the new OS on a new hard drive).