Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Logon User Interface DLL Msgina.dll failed to load

This is a discussion on Logon User Interface DLL Msgina.dll failed to load within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

My friend was running windows XP sp2 and had a lot of spy ware on it. I was using ad aware to help get rid of it and received a blue screen that restarted the computer. Upon reboot I received the error message "Logon User Interface DLL Msgina.dll failed to load." This is followed by only one prompt which is to restart. I have booted into Recovery Console and recopied the file MSGina.dll along with three others (winlogon.exe, shell32.dll, shlwapi.dll) off of the windows CD (after moving the old ones out), but I am still receiving the same error message. My friend is hosed unless I can get some of the data off that hard drive so I don’t want to just reformat. Just wondering if you guys/girls can think of anything I haven’t thought of to fix it. If you don’t know of a way to fix it, is there at least a way of getting data off the hard drive when moving the hard drive to another machine is not an option?

Old 04-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Team Manager, Articles
Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Did you follow all the steps listed here?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...ty/msgina.mspx

PC Safety & Security::PC running a bit slow?::Photographers Corner
Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

I read skirmishes to see what msgina was. Though i have done the part in the begining about remove, replacing, and renaming; most of the other stuff in that article revolves around registry keys. Which i belive i dont have access to in Recovery Console. I'll try reading all the way through the link this time and see if there is anything else, thank you!