Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

IQON phillips techonology tesco computer

This is a discussion on IQON phillips techonology tesco computer within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had to do a system recovery in my computer and when it was finished it erased everything, kept a

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

I had to do a system recovery in my computer and when it was finished it erased everything, kept a separate folder in documents and settings with the previous state, but all the operating system settings are gone, no internet connection, device manager list completely empty etc.

i don't have recovery discs. Could I download them from somewhere? How could I get all the settings again?

Thanks.

Nuria

Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

Nuria, sad to know that you had formated your computer wihtout any backup. Its not easy to recover the data's and settings.
But you have an option to submit your Hard Disk to near-by Hard Disk data recovery centre. They can help you. Regarding settings its not possible you have to insert the settings manually again.
Since, you had formatted the Hard Disk, free recovery tool or software won't help you. It's just waist of time.

Good Luck!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

contact your isp for the settings,they should guide you through the setup over the phone

once you have regained your connection to the internet you can start looking for anything else you need

found this

http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/ap...r_id/166/sno/1